Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Iron Chef America




If you don't watch Iron Chef America on the Food Network, you should. Hey, this is my blog and I can voice my opinion. We are Food Network crazy at mi casa. Ask Mary Margaret about Paula Deen and she will reply, "Hey Y'all!" Ask her about Emeril and she says, "Bam," "Kick it up a Notch," and "Wow, we gotta a FIIIIIIRE!" (Yes, fire has at least 4 syllables). She also loves when Bobby Flay has a "Throwdown" I told you. We are Food Network crazy, people!

It all started when I was on bed rest this summer (pre term labor with Harper Jane). I would be sitting a-LONE at home with Mary Margaret as my only company and she would play. I would watch the Food Network and think about F-O-O-D! Pregnant people do that ALL. THE. TIME. It was an obsession. I have never wanted to learn how to cook until this summer. So....I started cooking, only, of course, after I was released from bed rest.

One Sunday night recently, MM was sitting on the kitchen counter with me as I was preparing supper (something super easy with less than 5 ingredients, --- remember I'm a novice) and she looks at me and says, "Mommy you are a cooker. I mean, a chef." And of course, I don't deny it! "Yes, Mary Margaret, Mommy is a chef and so are you b/c you help me. To which she replies, "You must be Iron Chef Mommy!"

Meet Iron Chef Mommy!

Now about Iron Chef America....Iron Chef America is a competition where world class chefs challenge Iron Chefs of America (including Bobby Flay, Mario Batali, Masaharu Morimoto and Cat Cora). They are given the "secret ingredient" at the beginning of the show and you watch them create phenomenal dishes. The dishes are the judged by 3 judges on 3 different criteria. I do love a good competition!

Bye y'all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey--Cute Blog--I am enjoying reading it. We hope that you have a great Thanksgiving. Speaking of Paula Dean, we are eating at her restaurant in Savannah for lunch on Thanksgiving--Can't wait! Take care and I'll talk to you soon. Kristen Buchanan

LG said...

Iron Chef Mommy it is! HA super cute

Marsha said...

Iron Chef Mommy...please tell me know about the drinking game that goes along with the show:)