Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas don't be late!

Christmas Tour of Homes

I am so enjoying Christmas this year with our two little girls, Mary Margaret and Harper Jane. Yes, we do love us some double names. We're Southern, after all. I digress...
Here are some pictures of our home decorated for the holiday. The first one is our tree and as I've said before, it is what I call bottom heavy. Fashionistas out there might say it was "pear-shaped"! Remember my dear 4 year old is highly interested in decorating the tree (and redecorating and redecorating and redecorating). Also notice that most of the ornaments located at the bottom are stuffed ornaments or non-breakable ornaments. Mama is no fool...I learned this trick after MM broke several ornaments last year and amazingly we had NO big gaping wounds and no hospital visits. So I said, Why tempt fate? Buy stuffed ornaments for the child! Notice our tree has no theme. I do have several sweet ornaments from my childhood. I am an ornament person, love to give 'em and receive 'em. I have several ornaments from sweet students from years past. Our tree is what I call eclectic!



Here is our mantle. The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...


Here is my navity set (by Southern Living).


Mary Margaret loved my navity so that we decided to find her one. We initially thought it was indestructible. MM must be ahead of the learning curve when it comes to breaking things (bless her heart). The Angel of the Lord (or as she calls it The Angel of the "Ward") is missing her poor little wings and we are missing one precious lamb because it is legless.


Here is the family Christmas picture with our new addition, Harper Jane. She is almost 4 months old. Mary Margaret is 4 years old.



MERRY CHRISTMAS, Y'ALL!!!

21 comments:

Kari & Kijsa said...

How fun...all your decorations are wonderful!

Merry Christmas blessings,

kari and kijsa

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful home and family, I love the Southern names, I have a "Savannah Lea" myself :-) Have a Wonderful Blessed Christmas.
Jamie Lea
http://www.xanga.com/homeschoolingthem

Kelly said...

I love the tree- and the stuffed ornaments are brilliant:-)

The girls are beautiful; I am a mommy to 2 girls, too, so Iknow how much fun it can be. Enjoy!

Nichole at www.esmon.net said...

This little Nativity is adorable, and your girls are beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

oh amanda said...

Merry Christmas! I love every bit of it!

shelley said...

I love your "eclectic" tree!

Merry Christmas!

Stacie said...

thanks for sharing it all looks great and you have a beautiful family. Merry Christmas~~~

Hootin' Anni said...

beautiful, but I must ask, the portrait above the mantle? Your daughter?
Wow!!

My holiday slide show tour is THIS WAY

Amy Martin said...

What a beautiful home and family. Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas!!

Beth said...

How do you find the time to do all you do I will never know....you are SuperMommy LOL!

Have you seen the Little Peoples Nativity set? We got one for Alex and he loves it...so cute....

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=900002&e=storeproduct&pid=34128§ion=tod_lp_toys

KC said...

You have a beautiful family and a lovely home. Thanks for letting us tour it today.
Merry Christmas

Jessica said...

I am also a teacher! So glad you are taking some time off with your family! I love the girls' outfits! They are too cute!

ellen b. said...

Thanks for the tour. You have a beautiful family. Blessings.

Kelly said...

Your house is so pretty and your family is beautiful - precious little girls! Harper is the name I've had picked out for years for a girl if we ever have one! I love it!

Jessica said...

Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family! The decorations look great!

Brittani's Holding Little Hands said...

Your decorations are so fun and your family is precious!

Nadine said...

Your home is delightful and your children beautiful. Have a Merry Christmas.

MarysMom said...

Beautiful family and I love the double names. Loved the name "Mary Margaret" and would have wanted it for my daughter's name but we settled for "Mary Esther" in honor of both her grandmothers.

Marla Taviano said...

How cute! All of it! Love, love, love the name Harper. Sigh.

Merry Christmas!

Elaine A. said...

You have a beautiful family. Love your tree! Merry Christmas!

His Doorkeeper said...

You have absolutely the most beautiful little family. Love your girls' names! thanks for sharing your lovely home. love the picture over the mantel! Blessing to you and your family!