Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Kids say the funniest things...

The other day (at the birthday party), MM was explaining Toy Story 2, which by the way we have never, ever watched on DVD. She has the book on CD and oh-how-she-loves books on CD (great gift ideas for ages 3 and up, btw).

She looks at Kristen (Ryan and Lauren's Momma) and says, "In Toy Story 2, Buzz saves Woody from a terrible fate."

Oh yes! He does!

That Mary Margaret, she keeps me on my toes.

This afternoon she was having some trouble with her portable princess CD player. The batteries were dead.

I tried to explain that we could fix it with new batteries.

She replied, "You have GOT to be kidding me!"

I think this is what they call, "Paying for your raising."



And on a side note:

Y'all, I just love staying at home. Today we stayed in jammies and piled in my bed and all took a nap together. I called my husband after the nap and thanked him.

He was a little taken aback and asked just exactly why I thanked him.

I thanked him for allowing us to realize my dream of being a stay at home mother and for working so hard so we can achieve this together.

Because really the little sacrifices we make so I may stay at home seem so small to the overall big reward!

So thankful and blessed, that's me!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Ahh! What a wonderful man you have! He sounds like a wonderful provider. The MM is something else! : ) I would love to be her Language Arts teacher- I love kids that have a lot of style, and i'm sure her writing does! : )

I would love to sell those burpies!

ashleydiggs said...

I am with you girl. I am so glad that God opened the door that I am able to stay at home with Ms. G. There's so much stuff that I would miss!

LaskiGal said...

I just hung up with my husband. Your post encouraged me to make the call. I also JUST got out of my PJs. I turned OFF the phone today and J and I just played and napped the day away!

Haaaa . . . "You've GOT to be kidding!" Love it!

Leigh said...

I am sooo with you on this. See my post http://lbratina.blogspot.com/2007/12/all-working-women-are-working-women.htm

It is so wonderul to be married to a man that sees the importance of the little things like these moments so priceless. I am so glad you are able to. Hug from me too!!!