Sunday, January 27, 2008

NKOTB

EDITED: This was a vicious rumor....and finally I've stopped crying. The pity party is over and so is NKOTB!

Didn't I blow your mind this time....


I loved good music even back in the day. Yes, as a middle schooler, New Kids on the Block not only provided great music, but also they were all so easy on the eyes.

I had the t-shirts, the tapes, the posters, the videos, etc. Oh and let me remind you, they did have a Christmas album and I had it. Oh yes I did and I knew every funky word!






I was mesmerized by their voices and of course, their dance moves.

Well, for those of you that still listen to their music, they are staging a comeback.

People Magazine is reporting!!!

The band members (Jordan, Jonathan, Joey--my personal fave, Donnie, and Danny) are all between the ages of 35 and 40.

Now, what I want to know, is who do they expect to go to their concerts???

Ok, so who wants to go with me?



What music do you remember from your middle school years? Until then, Ice, Ice, Baby...

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh I LOVE NKOTB! I'll go with you! And yes - I loved MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice.
(I met MC Hammer once - I have my picture made with him. ha!)

ashleydiggs said...

Oh my word...better than that, I had a SLEEPING BAG of NKOTB!!! I'm pretty sure I still have some of their tapes!

Leigh said...

All the 80's music....duran duran, tears for fears, cyndi lauper, flock of seagulls, etc. I didnt like any of those though (my husband did and still does), I was and AM a hair metal girl-Bon Jovi, ratt, dokken, whitesnake, van halen, quiet riot, kiss, acdc....
I think NKOTB was after my time. Sad...I cannot tell you a single song they sung. But cool- you go and have a great time!! It is always fun when the old ones decide to stage a comeback.

LaskiGal said...

One of my BF from high school was INFATUATED with them. She STALKED them whenever they came to DEEETroit. It drove me nuts. My other BF was into Bon Jovi! They were both crazy. Me, I was normal. I just loved Michael Jackson . . .stop laughing. Now.

LG said...

Ugh I was so in love with JOEY and I had every tape and some buttons and tshirts and I went to a concert!@ ha Long Live NKOTB

Brandy said...

Hey! I know you've commented on my blog before, and I lurk on yours a lot, but never seem to comment...sorry!

I was wondering if you'd be interested in a bloggy re-design. I am just getting started and would love to do one for you if you are interested. You can see some of my work here:

http://foshefamily.blogspot.com/search/label/Blog%20Headers

Let me know if you are interested!

LaskiGal said...

I think they are coming back!!! I swear it was on The View (I missed the actual segment--DVR went haywire). But look: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20174022,00.html

I can't imagine going back to school right now either. I'm thinking it is looking like being a SAHM is my new career . . .

BTW, I lost my father-in-law about 13 months ago. No signs of mother-in-law remarrying. God must know that I can only handle the drama on one side of the family.

www.NKOTBReunion.com said...

OMG! I think it rules that New Kids On The Block has Reunited! NKOTB was always one of my favorite bands!
Check out www.NKOTBReunion.com for more news and info!