Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Things to be thankful for...

1. MM's books on CD. She loves, loves, loves her books on CDs. Each CD lasts 30 entire minutes and she has a portable CD player. These are about the only 30 minutes a day that her mouth is not moving 90 miles per hour. Seriously!

2. The baby swing by Fisher Price. I think it is a papisan (sp) and it is FABULOUS. It is the only reason I get to shower daily.

3. Netflix. If you don't subscribe to Netflix, you should...well, you should if you like to watch movies or if you are like us and like to watch entire series at a time. Right now, we are just starting Nip/Tuck. I am like a kid in a candy store when my Netflix arrive in the mail. I'm obsessed with watching it ASAP and sending it back in so I can get another one. Yes, it's called OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). Yes, the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem and I'm definitely OCD.

4. Clean sheets. I change sheets on Tuesday but if I were a rich person with a maid, I would have clean sheets daily....just like Oprah.

5. Feeling a little normal again. I'm finally feeling a little back to myself after having Harper Jane. The first few months are a whirlwind of adjustments and emotions and I'm glad that we are getting back to normal. Also she was what they call, colicky. You know, where babies cry for no apparent reason.

6. Tuesday lunch dates. Every Tuesday, my Nene (grandmother), my mother, MM, HJ, and I go to a little cafe to eat and we do a little shopping afterwards. I am so lucky to live so close to them. I look forward to this every week.

7. Cleaning out. Did I actually type this? Yes, we are cleaning out right now b/c we are what the realtors call, staging our house. We are putting it on the market in the next few days and I've been super busy cleaning out closets so to make them look bigger. We live in a semi-old house right now (1950ish). We are moving to the next little city next to us b/c M is the principal of a school there and we need to be closer. I have found a house that I really want. It is really old (1900ish) and needs a little work. M and I have a sickness. We love old homes. We are like that old movie The Money Pit, you know the one, starring Tom Hanks and Shelley Long. I'm praying that God will guide us on our decisions regarding selling this house and the one we choose. So send a prayer up for us. Boy did I digress with that number...

8. Email. How could I keep up with all my friends otherwise? What did we do with out it? Seriously, I can't remember...

9. My sweet little family. Tonight M and I were in MM's room playing Elefun (game) with her. Afterwards, we went to prepare supper. MM likes to sit on the kitchen counter while her Momma cooks. I put her up on the counter and she looks at me with her sweetest little look and says, "Momma, I love my fambly." Yes, little MM, me too. Those little moments truly melt my heart and I am super thankful that God has blessed me. I am very lucky.

10. Oh and I am so glad to get to be a stay at home mom this year. I did not know if I would adjust to staying at home. Teaching kept me busy and always moving and I love to be on the go...but oh-how-i-adore staying at home with my babies. I have adjusted just fine and believe me, I stay busy enough! Maybe I can convince my husband to have baby number 3....haha.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Your post was so refreshing for a number of reasons!

I love that your girl says "fambly"! How pecious can she get??

I also love that you are so open and candid and honest. I have been teaching a grand total of three years, but will be married 7 this April. I love teaching and don't think staying home is for me BUT!!! I know that when I see babies, I could NEVER imagine leaving them. Catch 20! Teaching is a mom friendly job, but it is still so hard when kids are still so small. I really admire you for taking some time off. You make me think I could do it and take the plunge. : ) You are a great mom. You sound so happy with your decision. Do you mind if I ask if you taught with your other little girl?

Kelly said...

That's a great list! Good luck with your house decisions! I'd love to see your current and possible new houses. I LOVE old houses but could never live in one because I don't like dealing with house issues and I have no desire to renovate.
I'm glad you get to stay home with your girls - and I hope you get a #3!

Stefanie said...

OMG Lindsey, I love your blogs. If I ever need a good laugh, which I did today, I know just exactly where to go. Trenton is at that same stage as MM and oh the things they say and do! OH, and honey, we definately could not live with out Netflix. That is the best thing ever. Keep the blogs coming!

Christy said...

Oh...that was a really sweet blog, Linds! (no sarcasim ;-) I didn't know you were really getting ready to put the house up on the market...I am SO with you...I LOVE old houses. There is a "character" to them new houses can't touch. Steve's mom lives in Cullman in the historic district...glass doorknobs, plaster walls, with the cracks...arched doorways...LOVE LOVE them! Have you ever been to Southern Accents in Cullman??? Friends of ours own the store it...look up the website. Incredible!

Kelly said...

If you lived in AR and had baby #3 - I would totally make you a snickers pie!

LG said...

I am watching Nip Tuck right now! and I love it! It gets crazier with each season though so be ware! ha