Wednesday, February 13, 2008

M's Birthday

Yesterday was M's birthday! That morning I let him leave and I didn't even recognize that it was his special day...on purpose. At lunch time, I took the girls to his school with lunch and balloons to surprise him.

Then when we arrived home MM and I baked him a cake. Remember I am NO cook. I am a novice, a beginner, just learning. So the cake came from a lovely Duncan Hines box but it was good just the same. MM had such fun cracking the eggs and helping me with the mixer. It was an experience. She couldn't wait to tell her Daddy when he walked in the door about the cake (very late b/c he had a doctoral class--yes, he is working on his doctorate) !

"It fills my heart with love!" MM said. I'm not sure where she picks up these phrases, but I do love when she says them.

Also M is 35. He'll always be 5 years older than me!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy birthday to M!!!
One of my friends told me this weekend (after meeting with a baker for her wedding cake) that the baker told her that most good bakers use duncan hines because you can't get from scratch cake to get as moist as an old duncan hines box. So that made me feel better about always using mixes. (and you know what - my from scratch cakes are NEVER as good as my mix cakes)

LaskiGal said...

Awe--you are the bestest mom and wife! Happy Big 35 to hubby!