Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Vocabulary Lesson of the Day

Welcome to MM's Vocabulary Lesson! Yes she is teaching her Mommy new words.

MM is very picky about her food. I mean, EXTREMELY PICKY. She eats nothing, practically. I tease and say that she could be a fruitatarian b/c she does love most fruit.

Anyway, she does like Easy Mac. Normally I buy the Equate (Wal-Mart brand) Easy Mac. Recently Wal-Mart was sold out of the the Equate brand so I bought Kraft Easy Mac thinking that it would not be a big deal.

Well, I was so wrong. MM immediately knew that it was different and she refused to eat it. So I tried again. I seriously went through at least 4 packs (on several separate occasions) but to no avail.

No sirree! She was not going to eat it.

I finally gave in and asked her why.

"Mommy it is wicky!"

Ah, well in that case.... So I had to find out what wicky actually meant. She only used it when talking about the "bad" Mac and Cheese. Finally she explained to me that wicky means "the macaroni and cheese is yucky."

I hope that you will be able to use this word in your future conversations!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

That's funny that she actually prefers the WM kind. ha! I wish I was as picky as MM. :-)
Thanks for your prayers and encourgament - you are a precious blog friend!!

Welcome to Our Lives... said...

Hi! I found your blog through Jessica's. Kids say the absolute cutest things! BTW, I love your girls' names- so sweet!

Julie said...

I came onto your blog through Kelly's. I've never tried Wal-Marts MacNCheese. I just bought 3 boxes of Kraft. On the next trip, I'll have to try the WM brand.

I have tried WM's brand in tuna. DON'T DO IT!!!! There are just some foods that are not meant to be bought in the generic form. But, I do use several of WM brands in other food items.

I love your pictures. What a beautiful family.

mirandabodine said...

I love it!! Reading your blog daily makes my worries disappear....well momentarily!

Jessica said...

I plan on using that word tonight! I'll have to find a way to work it in!! : )

LG said...

Wicky! I love it! Sounds like one of my words!

LaskiGal said...

That's so wicky! I love it. So going to use it!