Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Loveliest Village on the Plains



We are in Auburn visiting and loving it. The weather is fabulous and warm and reminds me how ready I am for spring. We are staying with M's brother and sister-in-law. My little sister is in school here and we also get to visit with her:). Ahhh. This is a little city that I love. It's where I had such fun, er, I mean gained all the knowledge to be an effective teacher. It's where I met my husband and where we fell in love. It's where my husband grew up (he had a great childhood setting).

It's amazing how the smells will take me back. I can go near campus in the spring and smell all the flowers and I am transported back to several (ok, 7) springs ago, walking (sometimes running) with my trusty backpack to my class in Haley Center hoping I've completed that assignment. That sweet smell makes me feel carefree and like the world is my oyster....then reality sets back in and I'm all changing diapers and washing clothes....though I wouldn't have it any other way.

I've got two words for ya: WAR EAGLE!

12 comments:

just jamie said...

The nostalgia. I hear ya'. Really makes me wish I could have a day, or week back in those days.

Kelly said...

Sounds SO fun! Have a good time!

Nikki said...

I'm so envious you are in God's country!!! Those carefree days of being an Auburn student were the best!

LG said...

War Eagle that! I know what you eman exactly! I think that when I smell bourbon b/c it reminds me of Football season! (and I dont even drink bourbon.. but the smell is strong there in the fall!ha)

grizaham said...

War Eagle!
Laura and I will definately make a trip to the Plains this fall!

Amber said...

I sometimes find myself dreaming of those fun times on the Plains. I can't believe it has been 7-8 years ago. Have a Momma's Love for me!

Jamie said...

War Eagle!! We went to Alabama and our degress hang on our wall but that is the only thing that says Bama that you will see around our house. I hope you guys had fun on your trip!

Tell me again where you live? We should try to get together for lunch sometime.

JoshJamie@bellsouth.net

RJTrue said...

Happy to hear about your weekend. Sounds like tons of fun - not to mention perfect weather. It's always nice to get taken back now and then ...

Leigh said...

That sounds like fun! Enjoy yourself!

karisa said...

i haven't been back to au is so long! this football season we are taking westin to a game. i cannot wait!

LaskiGal said...

You are so making me miss that place! Ugh. I loved that campus. Especially around football season and the beginning of spring! We might be back for a visit this summer! I sure hope so--now, I can't wait!

Jen said...

Beautiful campus!