Saturday, March 8, 2008

Not Sleeping + Trying to Sell a house with 2 young children = CRAZY MOMMY

So after you read this, don't even think about having me committed. I'm not quite there....yet. As you know, we have our house on the market. It is quite tough to keep it respectably clean especially with one child that wants to be held all day and one child that can destroy a room quickly (a tornado has nothing on her).

Also, HJ has not been sleeping very well and guess who is suffering??? I'll give you two guesses though I'm quite sure you won't need them both.

Over the past few weeks I have been catching myself doing some rather insane things. Shall I tell you? Yes, I must confess (at least you'll get a good chuckle). So here it goes:
*washed my hair with shower gel (not recommended)
*shaved the same leg twice (thank goodness it is the winter time)
*tried to give my mail to the McDonald's drive through cashier (she would not accept my bills for a Happy Meal. How dare her?!)
*threw away my check card at the gas station (so much for cleaning out my car)
*went back to aforementioned gas station and dug through the trash to find my check card
*bought groceries and tried to pay except I couldn't find my check card (this is when I had to return to the gas station)

And before you ask me?! I had not been drinking during any of these escapades although maybe that would help. I have done some crazy things before. Most of the time, it is like once a year. I guess I'm trying to beat my record. I've always been competitive like that. Please don't have me committed.

Have a great Saturday!

Oh and if you have some crazies that you have done, please share them. Make me feel a little better, please. I need it:)

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh Lindsey - this is me every day. And I'm not trying to sell a house nor am I wrestling with two babies. I'm just SO absent minded. I do the craziest things. I'll have to e-mail you and tell you one of the worst. I don't want to put it on here because I'm too embarrassed for anyone to see it.

Nikki said...

Have you heard about a new disorder..."mom-nesia?" I'm serious. I saw it on the news the other night. One might think that the docs could have thought of a better name instead of mom-nesia. I think we all have this!

Leigh said...

I think I mentioned to you me putting my Hallmark cards in the fridge veggie crisper. And this is the tip of the ice berg.
You're ok. Just in need of so well deserved rest! I hope you get some soon!

LaskiGal said...

OK--you visited my site. You know exactly what you have. If you have time, read my update to that post. We can go crazy together . . . just keep my credit card away from me. Heck. It is probably safer in the trash can at the gas station anyway.

just jamie said...

Funny. Makes me feel more human.

I don't know how many times I've put the cereal back in the 'fridge, and the milk in the pantry.

Jamie said...

That is so funny!

I always try to put milk in our pantry. It never stays there long but I have done it on more than 1 occassion.

Tell me again where you guys live?

Sarah said...

This is hilarious! I do some of the goofiest things and have no excuse. I put lipliner on in place of eyeliner one time and couldn't figure out why my eyes felt all gooey. I tried to write a check with a tampon once. My husband suffers from this too. He took the remote control to work one time, thinking it was the phone.

Thank you for your sweet words on my blog. That means so much to me. :)

RJTrue said...

Obviously my mind has been elsewhere of late ... not too long ago, while thinking about SB, I got out of my car, shut the door and walked into the store. Only when I reached for my keys did I realize that they were still INSIDE my running car out in the parking lot.
Holy crap!

Misty said...

Ok. This one is good. Are you ready?

About 6 or so years ago, when I only had my youngest, I celebrated Easter on the wrong Sunday. Except I thought I had the correct date. Easter bunny, dresses, easter baskets... all of it.

I plead the I-am-going-nuts-because-I-get-no-sleep-card.

karisa said...

i know what you mean. c and i went to eat sushi. we sat at the sushi bar. we met this guy who was asking us about w. meanwhile, i was thinking about the sushi guy. how old was he? how long has he been in the states? the nice gentleman as me his name.....and i say "i don't know?!?" he was talking about w, not mister sushi!