Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lindsey's Version of Taco Soup

I made my version of Taco Soup last week. It was actually pretty good. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 can black beans (strained)
1 can chili beans (strained)
1 can corn (strained)
1 can Rotel
1 can diced Tomatoes
3-4 Chicken Breasts
1 Taco Seasoning packet
1/2 Onion (chopped)
2-3 cups Chicken broth (you'll have this after cooking the chicken so just save it)

Boil chicken (add salt and pepper). Shred the chicken (remember to save part of your chicken broth). Add all other ingredients to broth. Bring to a boil, then turn it down to Med/Med-Low. Stir frequently while cooking for an hour (add more salt and pepper--I'm all spicy). Garnish with cheese (this is a must) and tortilla chips. This was easy, tasty, and somewhat healthy.

P.S. I also added some red pepper but I like it HOT!

3 comments:

just jamie said...

Thanks for the recipe. I'm an awful meal planner. This will surely help.

Leigh said...

sounds good!

Jamie said...

I love me some taco soup!