Friday, June 6, 2008

Google Analytics How-To



Several people asked me for the "how-tos" for Google Analytics. I am not-so-technologically inclined but here's goes nothing!

Go to Google.

Type in Google Analytics.

Sign up/Register.

You will be given a code that needs to be embedded in your blog layout. (If you have questions, leave me a comment and I'll try to help.)

It takes 24 hours for information to be collected.

Love me, send me presents, and shower me with compliments b/c you will enjoy all that useless information that Google Analytics offers. (If you are interested in your keywords, click on the Traffic Sources on the left hand side....then click on the keywords and VOILA!)

6 comments:

just jamie said...

Yup. Lovin' you for sure...

Laski said...

I'm such a sucker for useless information . . .

Leigh said...

Thanks! I have throughly enjoyed this! Very interesting, Lindsey!

Motherhood for Dummies said...

thanks! Always nice to have a step by step explination! :)

BC said...

Isn't it wonderful!! I'm a stats junkie so I always love this stuff. :) Love your blog!

Jennifer said...

YOU, my dear, are a computer Goddess!! A G.O.D.D.E.S.S!! I tell ya!! I have wanted to know how to do all that... and find out how people get to my blog, but I thought it would be...

A.) too hard to figure out for me, I'm not to computer savy...

B.) a dumb question to ask since it seems that everyone BUT me knows/knew how to do this...

so thank you very much... I do hope we are talking about the same things here... gosh I would feel really silly. lol oh well it out there now...

And I'm off to go try to do this google thing to my blog and find out all sorts of useless info. :)

bowing to you!!! chanting Lindsey is Wonderful, Lindsey is GREAT!! WE LOVE LINDSEY!!!! bow to the great Goddess!!! :)
thanks!!

xoxoxoxoxox's