Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I was wrong.

Have you ever been wrong? I have. Do you admit it when you are wrong? I normally don't, but today I thought I might give it a try.

1. I didn't think I could love another child as much as I love MM. I was definitely wrong about that one. It is amazing how your heart just opens up and fills with more love.

2. I didn't think I would love staying at home. I am normally very fidgety by nature and have the need to be on the go at all times. My, how times have changed! I can totally stay at home in my jammies with the girls.

3. I actually like to cook now. I love finding new fun recipes to try. This is a new development....like a year ago new. I never, I repeat, NEVER thought I would enjoy being in the kitchen.


4. I never thought I would nurse my children for so long. Seriously. With MM, I just thought I would nurse for the first 6 weeks and then she would go on formula. After those first 6 weeks, I started pumping and never looked back. I pumped 3 times a day while teaching school. Yes, you read that right. For 5 months. I ended up nursing her for 14 months. Yes, I endured lots of questions, "How long are you going to nurse her?" She never had formula. It was worth it. Please don't ask me when I'm going to stop or I'll give you the look.

5. I thought I would enjoy scrapbooking. Boy was I wrong about this one. It drives me crazy. I don't know if I don't have the patience for it or what. Ick! My mother loves it. More power to ya, scrapbookers!

6. I never thought I would go somewhere, anywhere and actually think, "Did I forget to brush my hair?" or "Did I brush my teeth?" I totally have gotten the girls ready and gone out in public and thought these questions. I was so wrong!


7. I never believed that I would enjoy blogging so much. The blogging world brings about so much. I've made new friends, gotten great ideas (from cooking to decorating), and I always have a sounding board. How nice is that?!

8. If you would have told me when I was 10 years old that I would love to go "antiquing" I would have laughed at you. My mom made me go to all these antique stores with her when I was younger and I hated it. Now, I love it. Seriously. I have a love affair with old stuff.

9. I hated Vera Bradley stuff up until about 3 years ago. I would not have carried it to save my life. Now I love it.


10. "The Real World" used to be watched every season. I never thought I would stop watching it but I have. Ick! I just can't stand to watch all that debauchery. I mean how many times can you see the same situation.

11. I love gardening. I love learning about plants. I love putting flowers in my yard, my window boxes, in all my pots. If you would have told me that while I was in college, I would have passed out. Really.


12. I would have never believed that I could jam out to kids music (The Backyardigans, Dora, Diego, nursery rhymes, etc). HJ is already starting to try and dance. It is so cute!


What have you been wrong about? Admit it?! Come on!

14 comments:

LG said...

Good POst! I loved this one. Maybe I will try it!

Tranny Head said...

Man - I'm with you on a lot of these. I was a total snob about women who chose to stay at home - now I wish I had that luxury until our youngest is old enough for school. Oh - and I definitely rock out to the Backyardigans. And me? I'm still pumping in the law school parking garage twice a day. *snort*

Julie said...

Loved this!! It is something I need to ponder on. I'm not sure there is enough memory in blog world to hold what I'm wrong on!!!

CC said...

Those are good ones! I'd have to agree with most of them.

I thought I could figure out how to have a successful (at least a little bit) private practice. Apparently, I was wrong....

Misty said...

I love Vera Bradley, and I love gardening.... and I love...er.... have a crush on you, too..... (wink)

Katie said...

Oh my, Lindsey, what a cute post! There are so many things I have been wrong about.... I may have to copy you some more and make a post about it! :o)

Stefanie said...

I am sure there are things that I am wrong about, but the question is do I want to admit them. I will have to think about this one. But very cute post!!! And oh how I love Vera Bradley!!!

Kelly said...

This is so fun!!!! I think I probably have a lot of those same ones. Including the real world- used to love it and now I can't stand to look at it - it's so awful.

Leigh said...

What a clever post! Love it. And I always love dropping in to see you. Glad your a blogger.

just jamie said...

Okay seriously, other than the gardening part, oh yeah and the nursing but only because I couldn't keep up with to babies, we are kindred soul sisters. Amen to all of that.

Sometimes I get to the school drop-off, have gabbed with teachers and parents, then come back to my car only to realize that I've COMPLETELY neglected to brush my teeth, wash off last night's zit cream, or wear a bra. It doesn't even occur to me until too late. Oh well.

Leigh Ann said...

I am with you on so many of those things. Wow! We definitely have A LOT in common. The only one that is different is...I haven't started loving to cook. I wish that feeling would come. I keep waiting, but I just don't love it. Maybe one day???

Jennifer said...

Lindsey!! i LOVE these lists you do girl!! great ideas!! and also great things that you were wrong about. i had a bunch too that i was wrong about and most were about staying home, parenting and all that... being a mother sure does change you... but in the BEST way possible. :)

it's also so nice to hear that you inspired someone else to live their dream of being a SAHM!! you go girl!! so not only are you a computer goddess... you are a living-inspiring computer guru!! :)

i know i love reading your blog as well. :)

have a great day!!
hugs!!!

Jen said...

This is a great post. It is one that I need to ponder. I just have to say that I was wrong about the Backyardigans. It really is greatness :)

Heather said...

I'm with Leigh Ann- I am still waiting to love to cook! It is getting better, though.
We have lots in common- I was a teacher, too, (before I started staying at home with my son) and I breast-fed exclusively, too. Finding a place to pump in a school (High School in my case!) was quite challenging. But that is one of the best things I have ever done. Don't let anyone question you for it!!! I love that you have "the look!"
Love your blog- you are so funny!