Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm still kicking...and screaming

So the past few days have been quite a whirlwind.

We have sold our home. My precious home. The one I brought my beloved girls home to, the one where I've rocked them, the house that M and I have slaved working on, the one where we just built the precious swing set, the house that has my mark all over it, the one where all my neighbors are my good friends. You know, MY HOME! I'm very attached to this old house. Can you tell?

We are moving to the community where my husband's job is located. He needs to be there. I understand. I'll make new friends and meet new neighbors.

Sometimes endings are sad and beginnings are scary.

I know it's for the best.

The buyers of our house are precious. They want us out in a month. That's right, my friends, a month.

I can do it! Yes we can (Do I sound a little like Obama?)!

I've been saying this mantra for the past few days. It's helping me feel better although it is not helping me with all this packing!

I may be in and out for awhile. Stick with me my bloggy friends. I will need that support system, words of encouragement, and prayers.

14 comments:

just jamie said...

Oh my gosh. I feel ya! We had a 20 day escrow when I thought we'd really have until the end of August. Talk about quick. It's tough, but YOU WILL DO IT! Do you love your new home?

Laura said...

Congrats on selling your home! Hang in there!

Leigh Ann said...

I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same way when we moved out of the house we first became a family in, but the move has been good for all of us as I'm sure your move will be for you. Just don't forget the girls' growth charts (if you have them in their closets like I did)! That still makes my stomach hurt!

Katie said...

Bless your heart! Well, congratulations on selling your home! I'm sure wonderful times and exciting things await y'all! We'll be praying for y'all!

Jenn said...

Good luck with the packing! Did you find a home you really like or just one for now?

Stefanie said...

Good Luck Lindsey!!! We just had to move out of our house for repairs, and are just moving back in. I found things that I didn't even know that we owned. And little to say, there were things that are now in the yard sale pile. So have fun and embrace the new beginnings! You will make new memories in the new house, and cherish the old ones.

Julie said...

I'm sorry it's been hard preparing to leave your house but I'm glad it sold so that did not become an additional burden.
I cannot wait to see your new house! If your house is closer to your husbands work, maybe that means you will see him more or at least earlier than before.

Tranny Head said...

I thought you sounded a little "Bob the Builder" actually . . . heh. Good luck!

Kendra said...

I agree with tranny head "Bob the Builder" came to my mind as well. :)

Good luck with your move.

Kelly said...

First of all - it's great that you sold your house!!! In this market -that's always a huge deal.
I know you hate to leave - I can totally understand. I hope your new house will be wonderful and I'm sure you'll make new friends easily. And you'll have a lot more time with hubby because he will be closer!
Thinking of you with all you have to do in the next few weeks!!!!

Misty said...

That is ALL wonderful news. I'll be thinking of you while you fly around by the seat of your pants....

Leigh said...

Holy cow! But indeed you can do it. I beleive that God has a plan, he opens doors and I am sure that this move will be a good one for all of you. I will be praying for you all and praying it is an easy and stress free move.
KNow it is in HIs Hands.

CC said...

congrats! bittersweet I'm sure... We've only really moved once and it was 3000 miles away!

Jen said...

Congratulations on selling your home, especially in the market! I will be praying that everything goes smoothly. Keep us posted when you can!