Thursday, August 28, 2008

Master Bath

The bath is actually 2 rooms, the room with the tub, sink, and toilet and the small vanity area. The room with the sink, tub, and toilet started out with this lovely blue ceramic tile. Behind that ceramic tile is a WHOLE lot of cement and then fabulous wire netting. It is horrible trying to "gut" it all. Michael and I had lots o' fun. Seriously, I was wearing a mask and a shower cap (gotta be protected).

We are knocking down the wall separating the 2 rooms. We are moving the sink to the vanity area, building a linen closet, and adding a jetted, whirlpool tub.













Here are the girls while we are working. Mary Margaret actually was a lot of help. She loves to wear her "work gloves" with the bugs on them. Hilarious!




Here is a glimpse of the outside:


We are kind of in a holding pattern right now. We are having the house completely re-wired and re-plumbed....apparently that takes some time. Who knew? We should start seeing more aesthetic work in about 10 days.....hopefully. Ever watched "Flip That House"?? Well, we are totally there, over-budget and over our expected time line. I guess that is how it goes in old home renovation, right?

10 comments:

Lauren said...

I have been a lurker for a while... But I had to comment today. I LOVE your house! It is so great... so BEAUTIFUL! When I was growing up my parents renovated a house that was built in the 1890's... I often remember her washing the dishes in the bathtub b/c the kitchen was gutted. Now, my husband and I are renovating a home of our own... Slowly but surely! :)

I cannot wait to see the finished product... All of your ideas sound wonderful!

Kim said...

Your girls are adorable!! Love the curly hair!! I love the color of the brick on your house. I cant wait to see pictures of the finished projects!!

Jessica said...

Love the house- everything is looking great. I can imagine you are dead tired at the end of the day from all that work!!

Amber said...

Oh my blue carpet in the bathroom. Bless your heart from rescuing it to something more chic, like tile? ;) The outside of the house is really cute! I bet you will be SO thrilled when move in day finally arrives & all of your hard work will feel SO worth it!

Laura said...

How nice! I was glad to get a glimpse of the outside! Also, I think the smocked outfit and gloves just go so well together!!

Anonymous said...

Boy did the old owners like the color blue!!! The outside is so nice and I love the brick. I dream of having a brick home one day- hopefully soon. :) I know you guys would be so glad to have it all finished. Keep posting pictures. Your girls are beautiful too. I can't believe HJ is 1!! Time flies. By the way you are meant to be a writer- that should be your new occupation when you get a chance! Love ya! Amy Robinson

LG said...

Oh that is so exciting! you guys are doing lots of great work!

just jamie said...

Oh Lindsey. That looks like ... a lot of ... work! Yikes. Good for you for having vision. I know it will pay off for you (soon, I hope).

Leigh said...

holy cow! Thats some work. I admire ya!

Katie said...

All these demo pics are just getting me beyond excited! This house looks like it has some great bones! Y'all did so good! :o)