Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What's up?

Hey readers, that is if I still have any?! I have been so busy. My baby, Harper Jane turned one on Monday. We had a fabulous party on Saturday at my aunt's out by her pool. We had such fun. I've been teary since then. Mary Margaret will begin pre-school on Tuesday. I'm overwhelmed. Why can't I just stop time?

I'll be posting some sweet pictures of the birthday girl soon. She loved digging into her cake and rubbing it all over her legs. Yes, she was covered (literally) in cake!

Here are a few pics of the house.

We have "chipped" up all that parquee flooring. Underneath was glue covered pine wood floors. They will be refinished shortly. Don't you love the built ins in the dining room? I do. I did get to keep all the antique chandeliers--so excited about that. Also, did you see the kitchen? Well it's not there any more. We've taken all that to the studs....scary, very scary or at least my Nene told me that when she saw it over the weekend (remember, she has no vision).









Here are some "in action" shots (living room and kitchen):






Have I scared you yet! The next post will be the master bath. Prepare yourself!

10 comments:

Lori said...

Happy Birthday HJ!

things are looking good in the house... good luck getting it all done

Kelly said...

your house is going to be amazing -already is. But I can't lie - the idea of remodeling makes me want to assume the fetal position. Ya'll are very brave. It will pay off!!!!

Kelly said...

P.S. Happy birthday to your sweet Harper from Mine! :-)

Kim said...

You have been busy! Happy Birthday to your little one :) I look forward to more pictures of your house. It is so fun to get to make a house your own.

LaskiGal said...

Happy Birthday HJ!!! Can you believe it??? One. I know you've been down this road before, but I still bet it is hard to believe no matter what.

I got all weepy looking at the Babies R Us catalog that came today. What the heck???

Congratulations, momma!

Oh, and that house. Gorgeous. I can visual all sorts of amazing.

I'm so glad you posted. I was missing you!

Laura said...

Ooooh! I can't WAIT to see the final pictures!!! I love your new home!!

Amber said...

Ooooh! I love all of the woodwork and crown molding detail! I hope you are keeping the wood ceiling (wink), maybe with a coat of white paint to lighten it up? It's beautiful architecturally. I can't wait to see your finished product. It's going to be beautiful!!!

southernpreppy said...

The house is looking great~

just jamie said...

Hj is ONE? No way!

And look at you. Way to go. YOu're doing such an amazing job with that home!

Leigh said...

Those light fixtures are to die for. Gaw-jus