Saturday, September 27, 2008

30 Random Facts!

Thanks to my bloggy friend, Sunny, I've been tagged to complete 30 Random Facts about myself. Here they are (in random order, of course):

1. When reading I go through phases. For example I will read all mystery (Stuart Woods, James Patterson) for a period then I'll read only read literature from Southern writers (i.e. Fannie Flagg, Ann George, etc.). I also love children's lit. I also went through a time where I read books only set in England and then there was the time I only read books set in NYC. I could go on and on....
2. I would like to have 4 kids. (We will not have 4 children, possibly 3, but M is putting his foot down after that).
3. I LOVE spicy, hot foods. I like to add jalepenos, Tobasco, or red pepper flakes to my food.
4. I did not have acne ever until I had MM. After her, my face started majorly breaking out so I use Proactiv daily and it works for me.
5. My hair was curly / wavy until I had MM. After her, my hair went flat as a board. Pregnancy changes things.
6. I can't really carry on a conversation in the mornings until I've had my one Diet Mountain Dew.
7. I'm a major list maker (OK, so this might not come as a surprise to you if you've read my blog for any length of time). At any one time, I probably have 4 or 5 lists going.
8. I have wanted to learn to sew for years now but I'm scared to try.
9. I was an Alabama fan until 1998 when I moved to Auburn to attend AU. Which by the way was one of the best things I've ever done. Did I mention that's where I met my wonderful husband?
10. I love peanut M&Ms so does my husband. We can polish off a large bag in a day. Seriously.
11. I weigh what I did in high school, but I was 30 pounds heavier in college. It's what they call a "beer diet" and really isn't that quite the oxymoron (Hope I don't lose any readers. I'm just keeping it real and putting it all out there).
12. I get embarrassed when someone I know in real life tells me they read my blog. Then that embarrassment turns to flattery.
13. I'm a sucker for the underdog, in EVERY aspect.
14. I don't have a DVR but I'm getting one when we move and I CAN'T WAIT! Because really who gets to watch TV when your actual show is on.
15. I'm addicted to buying clothes for my girls. I could go to a KCA (kids clothes-aholic anonymous) meeting if it existed. When I see smocked, I say yes.
16. I sleep in matching pajamas every night.
17. I like things seasonally. For example, I have to have cider candles for the Fall and Fall-ish music. For the summer I like pineapple candles and Jimmy Buffett. Oh and Christmas! I begin the Christmas music the week of Thanksgiving and play it constantly!
18. My sister is my best friend but I can act like her mother (so she says). She is 7 years younger than me.
19. I always wanted to be a news caster. Broadcast Journalism was my first major in college. I secretly still want to do it, but the work hours would be hard for a mom.
20. I love all things antique. We rarely buy any type of furniture new. Matter of fact most of our furniture has been hand-me-downs. I love it when someone admires a piece of furniture and I can tell them the history such as "That was my Grand-daddy's desk" or "That was the first piece of furniture Michael's parents bought when they were first married." This might explain my affliction, er, I mean affection for old historic homes.
21. I started reading when I was barely 4. It was a love affair I began early. I hope my love of reading passes on to my girls.
22. I did not begin cooking until I was 28 and I had to learn so I could be a stay at home mommy. My darling husband did the cooking until then.
23. I love to watch TV dramas (Law and Order, CSI, ER, House, Criminal Minds, etc).
24. I would love to drive heavy machinery such as a back hoe, dump truck, etc. Really, I don't know where this came from.
25. I like wearing black. I probably have 10 different short-sleeved shirts and 10 different long-sleeved black shirts. It is like my uniform.
26. I don't like stronge, over-powering lotions. I rarely wear perfume.
27. I have had migraines since I was 15. These headaches are so bad, it normally takes me a day to recover after the headache ends.
28. I have had 3 white cars / SUVs and my husband drives a white truck.
29. I don't like nuts in my food at all. ICK!
30. I have never had a pet (unless you count fish). My Mom and sister got a dog after I moved to Auburn.

So there they are. 30 random facts. I'm sure I'll think of more later. Tell me something random about you.

9 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Are you SURE we are not related??? That could have totally been my list EXCEPT for weighing the same as I did in High School. That kinda makes me mad. Ha ha ha ha ha! I could be the President of KCA. :) You always make me laugh. Thank you for that!

Trannyhead said...

Weighing the same as in high school? *snort* I most decidedly don't - but that's because my bewbs are much hawter now than they were when I was 16.

Also - um - I'd love to drive a tank. Just thought I'd share.

Jessica said...

Lindsey, I enjoyed you blog! I (as you saw on your traffic feed)visited lots of your blog roll. I'll add you to mine, as well, if that is okay?!

Jessica Chapman said...

L, ditto on spicy food (every night I add those things to my food), ditto on no smelly lotion and migraines (have you tried Maxalt?), and I love white cars too!

Sunny said...

Love it! Thanks for taking part in my list challenge! I packed on the pounds in college, too. Isn't blogging fun?

Katie said...

Ohhh, it is so funny...we are so alike on so many things!! And it's like the "weird" stuff...not just the normal stuff! I, too, have NEVER had a pet. Never. I thought I was the only one. So funny! I loved reading your list!

CC said...

I don't like nuts in my food either. ;) And I often go through reading phases too.

Leigh said...

I am so with you on #'s 3 and 12...oh and about black being your uniform. It's mine too. Love it. Its classic. And I can soooo see you as a tv journalist. I have several friends and fmaily in the biz (get your foot in)should you ever change your mind and want to do it. You have "the look". I mean that as a compliment.

RJTrue said...

Oh, to not have visited in so long this is an excellent post to read!

I delight in spicy foods and peanut m&ms as well.

It's so fun to learn about people in this manner :)

Hope house stuff is going well.