Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fall Playlist

First off, let me say that I love music. Music can take me to a different time and place. I can hear a song and it can evoke certain memories for me. For instance, I can hear "Walk Like an Egyptian" by the Bangles and remember that I was in the 3rd grade when it came out. I have that sort of useless knowledge (though I have a hard time remembering things that happened last week).

Because of my deep love of music, I love my iPod. Love it, love it, love it! It goes everywhere with me. I also enjoy making playlists for my iPod. Do you do this? I've asked a few people and ALL of them do NOT make playlists. I make playlists for everything from seasonal playlists, calm playlists, road trip playlists, exercising playlists, praise music playlists, etc. This week I am preparing my Fall playlist.

You might be thinking that I have too much time on my hands, but that is not the case. I just love music (I've always enjoyed being the DJ at parties).

Do you love music as much as I do? Do you own an iPod? Do you make playlists? What would you put on your Fall playlist?

P.S. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the cornice boards. If you have any ideas, leave them for me. I've thought of painting them black and distressing them a bit. I use black as an accent color in my house. We have a few pieces of black furniture, etc. I would use some sort of red drape (possibly silk....maybe a chunky plaid of some sort).

10 comments:

Lori said...

I do love music, but I don't own an ipod. My husband is the one who makes the play lists for our trips and such... me I just put on the radio and jam to whatever is playing

Amber said...

I just peeked at your cornice board photo from your previous post again. I have a couple ideas that I thought I'd throw out as you think through how to transform them! :)

I think that the detailing on them is really pretty, it just is a little much in gold! It would be nice to paint them in a way that would still highlight that detailing, but in a more subtle way. Maybe paint the trim detailing on the cornice black and the flat middle part the color of your trim or a neutral shade like cream or khaki?

I had cornice boards that I made at my old house using a black and white print fabric (I used a damask). They didn't have trim, but as I looked at yours I thought it might be really beautiful if you could cover the middle section in a fabric that goes with her decor, then paint the trim in a coordinating neutral like black or cream or khaki.

I can't wait to see what you decide!

ROXY said...

I'm a huge music lover also!! i just love my iphone and bring it EVERYWHERE!! I'm also bopping along in the grocery store or doing other errands. However, I do admit that I haven't made up too many playlists. I probably should. The playlists you listed sound great. If you don't mind me asking, what music will you add to your Fall playlist? I can't wait to get started on mine:)
Thanks for the inspiration!

LG said...

Playlists are you kiddin? I have like a MILLION. Did you update your itunes to the new version that makes genius playlists yet? I will email you my fall 08 list!

john said...

I love myspace,you could say I'm a "myspace addict" but one thing that really disapoints me is there music players. They only let you put 1 song on your profile page,now I don't know about you but I write alot on my myspace so by the time your done reading everything I wrote,the songs already played like 3 times in a row. I searched around but couldn't fine any music players good enough to go on my myspace. Ethier the code didn't work or the colours were really ugly. Than I heard about this free site called "www.hypster.com"! It's easy to make an account and add music to your playlists. You can upload your own or take from other users playlists. Not only that but, you can customize your music player to fit your profile colours! So check it out you won't regret it! www.hypster.com

Free Myspace music

RJTrue said...

I love music - it's my obsession. I love it so much that I moved to Nashville!

But ... I don't have an Ipod! I desperately NEED one. Hm, Christmas, Bday?? I will cross my fingers!

What songs do you have on yours?

I can't get sick of Bleeding Love - otherwise it's country all the way!!

Jessica said...

I think black and red are a gorgeous combination!

Misty said...

Girl. Send me your email. I've been meaning to comment back to you, I loved your sweet comments on my blog, but alas, I am slow, and tired, and lazy, so it's taken me over a week to reply. You're a doll. I love you. So there.

Christy said...

Ohhh! I want to help with the curtains...com e see me and Jude, bring the girls amd we can talk curtains!!!!

Leigh said...

I LOVE music too. Sadly enought though when I hear "Walk Like an Egyptian" I recall distinctly being in high school, 10th or 11th grade. MY friend Dan used to tell me all the time that I remeinded him of the lead singer. Thats when I was brunette....and skinny. and walked like an eygption instead of a elephant. But I digress.