Monday, September 1, 2008

More Renovation Pictures



We added these panels and this chair rail to the dining room. The chair rail and below will be white and above the chair rail will be Million Dollar Red by Benjamin Moore.




Here is a close-up of the hardwoods with all that left over glue! Our hard wood guy is going to get started on the 15th of September.



I love the fireplace and mantle. We are replacing the existig tile with new travertine tile.




Another shot of the outside.



So here are the pipes that were pulled out. Quite disgusting! They are old cast iron pipes. I am so glad that we are replacing all these pipes. Look below to see some of the nastiness that came out of them!




7 comments:

Laura said...

Ugh!! Yuck! So this is some kinda MAJOR renovation work!! More than just new paint and floors! I love the front of the house, the fireplace and the chair rail and design. I think it will look great in that million dollar red!!

Have fun!! Keep us posted! I love the pics!!

Kelly said...

Oh dear on those pipes!

The house is looking so great right now!!!

LG said...

You guys are making some GREAT decisions! I love seeing all of it. The dining room is gonna be fabulous. Great idea to add that chair rail! I wish we could have had all the electrical and stuff like that replaced in our house when they renovated! Stuff like that goes a LONG way!
Are you all replacing the windows?

Kim said...

Oh, I get the red walls will be beautiful!! Love the fireplace!

Julie said...

WOW!!!!! You have been ridiculously busy!!! I cannot wait to see the finished outcome!! It made me tired just reading these posts!!

Misty said...

Busy has to be an understatement. Glad it's coming along.....

Jessica said...

Love the dinig room! The house looks like it came straight out of Souther Living!!! : )

Oh my... 195 is a high score! I'm glad to know you passed the three hour. I'm paranoid about it!