Monday, September 8, 2008

Yet another project....

I believe that when renovating an old home, one should try to stay as original as possible. When I say original, I mean be true to the historic nature of the home. Now I know we have changed a lot but I have tried to keep the "bones" of the house the same (keeping the original hardwoods, (some) light fixtures, the tongue and groove pine paneling, etc). I was able to keep the cornice boards for the living room and dining room. Here they are below. I want to keep these. Give me your ideas and I'll tell you tomorrow what I'm thinking......

P.S. I'm going to raise them all the way to the ceiling when we reinstall them. I'm not exactly sure what I'll be doing for drapes....

P.P.S. Do you need a little laugh? I asked MM what all her teacher taught her last week (it was her first week of pre-school). She replied, "She's trying to teach me to be still." HAHA!

P.P.P.S. Are y'all ready for Fall? I certainly am. I'm sick of shorts and sweating. Bring on the sweaters! Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I am my happiest from September til New Year's.

P.P.P.P.S. Just kidding! Really I'm done for tonight:)

11 comments:

Kim said...

YEAH FALL!!! I love the weather! I am so ready to wear jeans and sweaters, although I will miss my flip flops.

LaskiGal said...

MM cracks me up!!! You know, I can't lie, I so appreciate the whole being still.

J is the squirmiest worm ever!!!

Can't wait to see what you do with the window treatments. All the changes! How cool . . .

And yes. Eager for fall. I got all excited when I watched as several leaves started falling from a the trees! Already!!!

Sunny said...

Hey Lindsey~
It was great chatting with you today and I look forward to seeing you and your precious girls at dance each week.

Your blog is too fun and I look forward to following your home renovation.

I would love to add you to my blog roll and thank you so much for your sweet comment.

LG said...

I love those! I think if you dont wallpaper them in a design and use solid color drapes then you could paint them and maybe distress that gold a bit to tone it down some? They are really neat!

ashleydiggs said...

OHHH I LOVE THEM!!! I can't wait to see what you're going to do!

Leigh Ann said...

I think keeping the cornice boards is FANTASTIC. I can't wait to hear your ideas.

Jessica Chapman said...

You could paint them same color as trim in a semi gloss, or 2 shades darker than trim, then do solid silk panels in a similar shade, but don't do that sheers. Might be more updated. I'm so jealous, those are so cool!

Misty said...

Margret's room.... PERFECT. That would be hard to give up.

And.

I am SO ready for FALL. I LOVE it....

Lauren said...

Oh, I am so ready for fall, too!

And those cornice boards... Those are GREAT! I cannot wait to see what you do with them!

CC said...

I looooooove what MM thinks about preschool! Great life lesson to stick in her head!

Katie said...

LINDSEY!

GAAAAAASP!!!!!!!!

I am in love!

WITH YOUR NEW (OLD) HOUSE!!!!

Oh my stars...I cannot believe it...it's gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! I want your house. I really do.

I cannot wait to see more. MORE. MORE!! Oh the excitement. :o)