Thursday, October 30, 2008

BooMama's Souptacular Crockpotalooza

EDITED:

YUMMY! It's that time of year! Here at the Douglas household, we love white chicken chili. I have also cooked this recipe without the crock pot but for the sake of BooMama, I have included the crock pot method.
I have a really big crock pot and this recipe makes a lot. I always have to make enough for my grandmother, Nene. She is the one that strongly suggested that I make this the first time. Here it goes....
White Chicken Chili
2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken, cubed (We like a lot of chicken)
2 cans Northern beans (15 ounces)--strained
1 can white corn (15 ounces)--strained
1 envelope of taco seasoning (sometimes I use 2, just depends on my mood)
1 can of chopped green chilies (4 1/2 ounces)--strained
1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup (10 3/4 ounces)
1 can of chicken broth (about 14 - 16 ounces, I usually have some in the freezer, but I have used
the carton kind)
Optional garnishes: sour cream, green onions, cheddar cheese, Monterrey jack cheese, tortilla chips
1. Place chicken in your crock pot
2. Top with beans and corn
3. In separate bowl, combine taco seasoning, chilies, soup and broth. Then pour this mixture into the crock pot.
4. Cover and cook on low for 8 - 10 hours.
5. Ladle into bowl. Garnish and enjoy!

10 comments:

Lori said...

that sounds yummy!

Sunny said...

YUM-O! I'm on it!

Kristin @ Blue Skies said...

This sounds great!! YUMMY!!

ccsmomma said...

doh! I was going to post my recipe for white chicken chilli! Looks like you beat me to it. Oh, it's so good!!

photoqueen said...

Finally! A white chicken chili that doesn't require me to boil an entire chicken! Thanks, Lindsey! (And BooMama for the souptacular link!)

Leigh Ann said...

I'm hungry now. I just printed it and will be making this ASAP. Thanks for sharing with us!

Anonymous said...

Do you drain any of the cans? Or does all that juice go in too?

ashleydiggs said...

Oh I've got to try this!

Leigh said...

perfect on a night like tonight!
Happy Halloween to your sweet family, Lindsey!

Rebecca said...

Mmmm...I'm going to give it a try! Thanks!