Monday, December 15, 2008

Oh Christmas Don't be Late!

Welcome!


We are so glad you came by! Today we are participating in BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes.




Now please bear with us. We've been busy renovating this ol' historic home for the last 5 months so things are still "a work in progress"! Below is the mantle with all our sweet stockings hung with care.






This is my very favorite nativity given to me by my sweet sister in law. It is the Southern Living Home set. My oldest daughter, Mary Margaret adores nativity sets.








This is in my foyer. The little iron Christmas tree is new this year and given to me by my Nene (grandmother). If you look closely, you can see our Elf, Gracie, is perched high in the tree watching and making sure that we are behaving and minding.




Being a former teacher, I have to display some of our favorite Christmas books.



Below is one of my most favorite traditions. This one was actually mine growing up. On December the 1st you tie 24 candy canes on it. Then each night before bed, take one off and eat it. It is a fabulous way to count down the days til Christmas. Mary Margaret always knows exactly how many days we have left. This is the little rhyme on it:
December First to Christmas
Is the longest time of the year
Seems as though old Santa
Never will appear.
How many days til Christmas?
It's so mighty hard to count.
So this little candy ribbon
Will tell the exact amount.
Untie a candy every night
When the sandman casts his spell
And Christmas Eve will be here
By the time you reach the bell!






This is my girls' Christmas tree. Mary Margaret (5) decorated it all by herself. She has had to decorate it several times because sweet little Harper Jane (15 months) loves to undecorate it. Ha!



We also keep a basket of Christmas books by the tree. We pick a few each night and read them before we go to bed.




O' Christmas Tree! Oh the ornaments! I adore ornaments and collect all sorts. I try to get an ornament from unique places we visit (i.e. we brought back a starfish Santa from the Bahamas). Also each person in our family gets at least one new ornament each year. One year Mary Margaret was really into Raggedy Ann so that year she received a Raggedy Ann ornament. Our tree is a little bottom heavy. We have lots of stuffed ornaments around the bottom for the girls to play with.






We love to count down the days til Christmas....

Please come back and visit us again soon. Merry Christmas, y'all!



18 comments:

Becky said...

Your home looks so festive! Love the Santa picture. YIKES!!! Same looks my girls had when they were babes.

Wonderwoman said...

Love the tree - all your decorations are beautiful! Merry Christmas.

Lori said...

very festive... thanks for the glimpse into your holiday home

Heather said...

I love your decorations and see you are an Auburn fan! Gotta love the SEC! Thanks for the tour!! Thanks for sharing!! Merry Christmas!!

PEA said...

Thank you so much for such a delightful tour of your home, everything looks so beautifully decorated for Christmas:-) Merry Christmas to you and yours! xo

Brandy said...

Thanks so much for the peek into your home. I love your tree. I also love to adorn my tree with ornaments that have meaning to us. Ours is filled with ornaments from my childhood as well as special ones for the girls. This year Amelia got a "Big Sister" ornament and Lola got her first ornament that reads "Baby's First Christmas." I always make sure their ornaments have their name and the year on them.

Kelly said...

Everything is beautiful!!!
I LOVE that stocking plate!!! SO CUTE!
My favorite thing is sweet Harper Jane so unhappy with Santa!!!!

Lauren said...

I love your decorations... Especially that plate! That Santa picture makes me laugh! We have a couple of those! I swear my kids will be 15 and 18 before I get a decent Santa pic! Ha! Thanks for letting us in!

Leigh said...

Everytime I see that picture of Harper Jane with Santa I crack up! Your house looks wonderful! I love the tree granma got you! So pretty and different!
Merry Christmas, Lindsey! May God bless you and your sweet family. Lindsey, you are just a doll!

Kim said...

All your decorations are beautiful! I love the plate with the stockings on it. Also, I love that you put a picture with the girls and Santa! It is soo cute!!

Jessica Chapman said...

Southern Living at Home, Woot!!!

Carol said...

The Santa shot is a classic!

Thanks for sharing your lovely home with us.

Merry Christmas!

CC said...

LOVELY decorations!!!!!! Such a pretty home. :)

Adrian said...

Just beautiful! I love the Santa pic and the way MM is totally unaffected by HJ crying!

Leigh Ann said...

Your tree is so pretty, and I love that candy cane tradition you have started with your own girls. That is so sweet. That picture of the girls with Santa is PRICELESS!

Julie said...

I loved touring your home!!! It is so pretty! What a great time to show some of the renovations. Your mantle is beautiful.

I love the picture of your girls!

Michie said...

Thanks for the tour - everything looks great. I love the girls' little tree, and of course the basket of Christmas books - maybe because I'm a teacher too? :)

Kate said...

I'm still getting around to everyone's blogs to see the decorations. I love the candy cane countdown.