And I'm not just talking about Christmas movies here, people.
I tried to watch Little Women one night last week and I couldn't watch it. Why, you might be asking yourself? I was confused a bit and then I started thinking (yes, I can manage to think occassionally even after 2 children---shocked aren't you?)
It is because Little Women is a WINTER movie. There are just some movies that I can't watch during the summer. Saving Private Ryan is another winter movie as is the Band of Brothers Series. I just can't do it.
I was thinking it was just some weird idiosyncracy that I have (believe me, I have quite a few of them). So I did a little experiment with M. We Netflix (and I love it, btw). We were looking at what movies we might want to receive next and I just said, "Let's watch Band of Brothers Series. That is such a good series. Let's rewatch it."
M responded, "No, let's wait til it's cold outside again before we watch it."
My little experiment proved that we are two very weird people, right? Or do you, my blog friends, have movies that you only like to watch in certain seasons? I've started a little list below.
Imagine that, A LIST! On my blog? NO?!
Add to it, PLEASE!
1. Band of Brothers
2. Little Women
3. Day After Tomorrow (hello? ALL. THAT. SNOW.)
5. Hitchcock movies
6. The Godfather movies
2. Indiana Jones (all of them)
3. A Time to Kill (maybe b/c they sweat the entire movie)
4. Sex and the City
5. Sweet Home Alabama
I'm not like this about all movies but there are just some that are seasonal. Call me crazy? I deserve it.
P.S. I haven't even started packing yet. I have been too busy getting estimates for the remodel work on the new old house. Ick!
Friday, June 27, 2008
And I'm not just talking about Christmas movies here, people.
Posted by Lindsey at 8:45 AM
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Well over the last few days, I have been pondering over certain occupations. You all know that I chose teaching as my profession and I'm more thankful than ever. Here are several jobs I couldn't be paid to do (Yay! Another list! Excited yet?):
1. House Inspector (think of all the things they find/see) BTW, we have ours soon, keep your fingers crossed and pray!
2. Pest Control Person (2 words: Glue Boards. ICK!!)
3. Mover (I could not stare at boxes all day long much less be expected to move them)
4. Lowe's worker (I could not deal with people like me on a daily basis)
6. Roofer (It's hot, people)
Are you noticing a theme here?
P.S. I hope I have not offended anyone by my list, that is not my intention. I simply am glad I chose teaching as my life long job.
What are you glad you are not???
Posted by Lindsey at 8:21 AM
Friday, June 20, 2008
Matching swimsuits, of course!
HJ at the end of our bed...just hanging out!
One day I was looking everywhere for MM. Guess where she was??? Hiding with her favorite play friends. All her stuffed animals!
Ready for choir camp. She had such fun!
Guess who loves, loves, loves ice cream??? Don't tell me that she's not supposed to have it yet....I know, I know! No milk allergies in our family!
Finally enough hair for a bow!
Playing together already!
Swimming at Emma's. Emma is the daughter of one of my very best friends (since we were 6) and my college roomie, Amber. I am so glad she is only 45 minutes away.
Emma's 5th birthday party. These girls play so well together!
Posted by Lindsey at 10:43 AM
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
I'm always for watching funny videos of kids and these are great! If you need a break from your day or need a good laugh, check these out!
Thank me later! HA!
P.S. Christy (mother of soon to be baby Jude), YOU MUST CHECK THESE OUT!!!
Posted by Lindsey at 2:19 PM
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
So the past few days have been quite a whirlwind.
We have sold our home. My precious home. The one I brought my beloved girls home to, the one where I've rocked them, the house that M and I have slaved working on, the one where we just built the precious swing set, the house that has my mark all over it, the one where all my neighbors are my good friends. You know, MY HOME! I'm very attached to this old house. Can you tell?
We are moving to the community where my husband's job is located. He needs to be there. I understand. I'll make new friends and meet new neighbors.
Sometimes endings are sad and beginnings are scary.
I know it's for the best.
The buyers of our house are precious. They want us out in a month. That's right, my friends, a month.
I can do it! Yes we can (Do I sound a little like Obama?)!
I've been saying this mantra for the past few days. It's helping me feel better although it is not helping me with all this packing!
I may be in and out for awhile. Stick with me my bloggy friends. I will need that support system, words of encouragement, and prayers.
Posted by Lindsey at 4:19 PM
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Posted by Lindsey at 1:52 PM
Have you ever been wrong? I have. Do you admit it when you are wrong? I normally don't, but today I thought I might give it a try.
1. I didn't think I could love another child as much as I love MM. I was definitely wrong about that one. It is amazing how your heart just opens up and fills with more love.
2. I didn't think I would love staying at home. I am normally very fidgety by nature and have the need to be on the go at all times. My, how times have changed! I can totally stay at home in my jammies with the girls.
3. I actually like to cook now. I love finding new fun recipes to try. This is a new development....like a year ago new. I never, I repeat, NEVER thought I would enjoy being in the kitchen.
4. I never thought I would nurse my children for so long. Seriously. With MM, I just thought I would nurse for the first 6 weeks and then she would go on formula. After those first 6 weeks, I started pumping and never looked back. I pumped 3 times a day while teaching school. Yes, you read that right. For 5 months. I ended up nursing her for 14 months. Yes, I endured lots of questions, "How long are you going to nurse her?" She never had formula. It was worth it. Please don't ask me when I'm going to stop or I'll give you the look.
5. I thought I would enjoy scrapbooking. Boy was I wrong about this one. It drives me crazy. I don't know if I don't have the patience for it or what. Ick! My mother loves it. More power to ya, scrapbookers!
6. I never thought I would go somewhere, anywhere and actually think, "Did I forget to brush my hair?" or "Did I brush my teeth?" I totally have gotten the girls ready and gone out in public and thought these questions. I was so wrong!
7. I never believed that I would enjoy blogging so much. The blogging world brings about so much. I've made new friends, gotten great ideas (from cooking to decorating), and I always have a sounding board. How nice is that?!
8. If you would have told me when I was 10 years old that I would love to go "antiquing" I would have laughed at you. My mom made me go to all these antique stores with her when I was younger and I hated it. Now, I love it. Seriously. I have a love affair with old stuff.
9. I hated Vera Bradley stuff up until about 3 years ago. I would not have carried it to save my life. Now I love it.
10. "The Real World" used to be watched every season. I never thought I would stop watching it but I have. Ick! I just can't stand to watch all that debauchery. I mean how many times can you see the same situation.
11. I love gardening. I love learning about plants. I love putting flowers in my yard, my window boxes, in all my pots. If you would have told me that while I was in college, I would have passed out. Really.
12. I would have never believed that I could jam out to kids music (The Backyardigans, Dora, Diego, nursery rhymes, etc). HJ is already starting to try and dance. It is so cute!
What have you been wrong about? Admit it?! Come on!
Posted by Lindsey at 9:52 AM
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Yesterday I received a comment from a new reader and this is exactly what she said regarding my Google Analytics post:
RE: Recession resign SAHM - that was me!! I was sitting at work hating my job and missing my baby, I googled that and I found your post about the day you called and and quit teaching. It was then and there I decided I could swing it, even though all this talk of recession was worrying me. Since then I have been an avid reader. I have also found a part time gig and my family has never been happier. Now maybe when I find some extra time I too can start a blog :)
YAY for Anne (Sydney's Mom)! I'm so glad that you are staying at home and are enjoying it. Peer pressure is a, well, you know what it is. I'm also glad you continue to visit here. I'm just glad you weren't looking for talk of economics:)
Posted by Lindsey at 5:14 PM
Friday, June 6, 2008
Several people asked me for the "how-tos" for Google Analytics. I am not-so-technologically inclined but here's goes nothing!
Go to Google.
Type in Google Analytics.
You will be given a code that needs to be embedded in your blog layout. (If you have questions, leave me a comment and I'll try to help.)
It takes 24 hours for information to be collected.
Love me, send me presents, and shower me with compliments b/c you will enjoy all that useless information that Google Analytics offers. (If you are interested in your keywords, click on the Traffic Sources on the left hand side....then click on the keywords and VOILA!)
Posted by Lindsey at 1:34 PM
I have told you before about MM's constant singing. Matter of fact, I even shared her Jesus is tired rendition. Yesterday, though, takes the proverbial cake.
As I have mentioned she loves the Praise Baby cds. So we are jamming out to praise music. The song actually says, "As we come to the table of grace...."
MM sang (to the top of her little oh-so-powerful lungs), "As we come to the table of grapes...."
And again, I busted out laughing. At least, she has a little song in her heart. Have a fantastic weekend!
Posted by Lindsey at 1:28 PM
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
So I love looking at my Google Analytics and checking out all those fun statistics. Like seeing where every one is located and especially those fun key words. You know, the words typed into a search engine and your fun blog just happens to fit that description. Here are a few:
*banana clip hairstyle: Oh yes, please let me find my banana clips! Do you have an extra?
*funny picture assembling swing set: My husband would be so proud.
*Recession resign SAHM: I have no idea why my blog just happen to pop up for this one. I do not, I repeat do not, discuss economics. Sorry you have the wrong blog.
*I am obsessed with TV shows: I am too, thankyouverymuch. Come back and visit anytime.
*picture of a cute raisin: HMMMMM! I don't especially think raisins or cute...or tasty for that matter.
*Iron Chef of America drinking game: I really don't have much to say about this one other than, if you know about this game, share it with me.
*free wordless drama: Free, yes, wordless notsomuch. Normally I have plenty to say...
*Auburn outfit smocked: I love a smocked outfit and Auburn too. Please come back and share!
What are some funny key word searches that you have??
Posted by Lindsey at 8:47 AM