Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday Thirteen

1. I'm reading again. I love, love, love to read. What an escape! I'm on my 5th novel in 9 days. I'm just glad you can't see my messy house...


2. I am so enjoying our fireplace especially b/c it is going to be 7 degrees in the morning. YIKES!

3. I unpacked 25 boxes Tuesday. I have tons more to unpack. At least, they are upstairs and I can't see them.

4. HJ has the cutest new smile. She squishes up her nose and grins. Gosh I love it!
5. I'm tired of picking up pecans in our backyard, but it's like my obsession. I just don't like to waste. Here are the girls "helping" me with all that picking up!



6. We bought a Wii and I love it!!! We have the Wii Fit and it is so much fun. It's like family game night every night. We Hula hoop, bowl, box (MM's favorite), play tennis, do yoga, etc.

7. Santa brought HJ a Pottery Barn anywhere chair and she loves it. She is getting to be such a big girl. Where has my little baby gone??

8. I need to clean my antique, crystal chandeliers. Any ideas?? I don't want to take them down. I've heard a few random things (ammonia and water) and I'm willing to try!

9. Oh and I've got this little addiction to Facebook. Yes, I've said it. I'm putting it all out there for you, my friends.

10. I like Kevin Bacon, but I hate Footloose. Name that song and you get a gold star;)

11. I so enjoyed the Twilight books. I resisted these novels for so long. I mean, reading about vampires is not something I would normally enjoy. Just not my genre, BUT I did finally read them and now I recommend them. Stepping outside my comfort zone....

12. Have I mentioned that HJ loves chocolate?? What about chocolate chip cookies?



13. And HJ likes pecan pie with vanilla ice cream? Well she does. She likes all sweet things....maybe that's why she's so sweet;)


9 comments:

Kim said...

We got a Wii for Christmas and we love it!! Our favorite is bowling. I want a Wii Fit sooo bad, but I can not find it anywhere!! Maybe soon...

So I also gave in and read Twilight and I loved it!! Did you see the movie? I was very disappointed :( I think reading the book first ruined it!

Leigh said...

I too am into the FB thing. Look me up and add me. My last name is Bratina.
Also, I am so jealous of your pecan supply. If you have a surplus and noone to give them to, send some my way! YUM!

LG said...

I was just thinking that HJ has really grown up!

Stefanie said...

We got a WII last year and love it!! The boys got Mario Kart for Christmas and it is so much fun!
I think HJ has your love of chocolate :)!!! Just means that now you will have to keep more chocolate in the house so you can share.

hayley said...

what are you reading? I need something new! I have read the first 2 twilight books but am waiting for the third to come out in paperback (yes I am cheap!) ;)

Katie said...

I have been trying so hard to resist the urge to even LOOK into getting a Wii and Wii Fit. I would be COMPLETELY addicted and never get anything done, I just know it! But it's so tempting!!!

I would give my "I" teeth to have pecans in the back yard, and antique crystal chandeliers, and a REAL LIVE fireplace (not gas)!!

I know I say this all the time, but it's true...your girls are so precious. You always have them dressed SO cute! Do they ever look scroungy?? I sure can't imagine it...

Julie said...

I've been on facebook 1 full week now and it is incredibly addicting. I spend way to much time on it.

When I was little I would pick up pecans at my Granny and Poppy's and he would let us sell them. One time, I made $25!!!

CC said...

I'm so jealous of all the reading you've done! I'm still on my 1st book for the year (but then it is over 1000 pages). I too resisted Twilight for a long time. Although I didn't rush out to buy the other books, if someone loaned them to me, I would probably read them. ;)

LaskiGal said...

HJ and J should get together! They have all the same likes! And that smile! J will squish his nose, throw back is head, grin and run toward me. It is PURE heaven!

And woman, you must share what you are reading!!! I'm all outta ideas.