Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chess Squares Recipe

This recipe is easily one of my favorites. Some people call them "Gooey Bars" but my Mom always calls them "Chess Squares" and they are delicious!

1 yellow cake mix
1 egg
1 stick butter (melted)

Mix until creamy and then press into greased 9 x 13 pan. You see this on the right in the picture below.

Now for the gooey part:

1 box confectioners sugar
2 eggs
8 oz cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix until smooth and put on top (evenly). This is pictured below in the bowl on the left. Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees.




Into the oven


Finished product






5 comments:

ashleydiggs said...

LOVE these!

Leigh said...

Those are so addictive!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I have never had those before, but it sounds yummy!

Katie said...

Mmmmm! I just love chess squares! This soooo makes me want to make some.

Stefanie said...

MMMMMM...This recipe sounds yummy. I know what we will be trying this weekend. Thanks for the recipe.