Thursday, February 19, 2009

Daddy Daughter Date Night

Daddy Daughter Date Night was a fundraiser at the middle school where the hubby is principal. At first, they were hoping for 100 girls to sign up. In the end, there were 293 girls (including our 2) that attending the event. WOW, what a fundraiser and what a fabulous night the girls had! Each girl received a rose, a t-shirt, a framed 5 x 7 picture with Dad (or Step-Dad, Grandfather, Brother, Uncle, etc.), dinner, and dessert. Limbo and dance contests were held. During the dance contest, everyone did the Cha-Cha Slide and the Cupid Shuffle. It was so funny and sweet to see those Dads out there with their little cuties! Below are a few in action shots of Mary Margaret doing the Cha-Cha Slide with her Daddy.


And then the Limbo Contest. Michael apologized to MM before this even started. He tried to explain that "Daddy is not very agile or flexible so we probably will not win." MM still wanted to give it a good try!
Of course, Harper Jane had a blast. She is showing off her dance moves and her new funny little smile!


She had so much fun that by the end of the night she had lost her hairbow....and I had almost lost my mind. I was exhausted trying to keep up with these 2 kids. I'm not as young as I once was!

8 comments:

Lori said...

that is so cute and I bet those middle schoolers just loved having your girls there too. I'm glad the fund raiser was a big hit!

Kim said...

How cute is that?? They are adorable and I love their (matching) dresses!!!

just jamie said...

LOVE it. Love it, love it love it.

Did I mention I love it? Perfect sweetness.

Laura said...

What a wonderful date night! I love it!

Mary Smith said...

Lindsey - the girls look adorable! Mamie loved this "date night". She and Mike had a great time and are already looking forward to next year.

Katie said...

How adorable! I love the polka dot shoes...I enlarged the first picture in this post to look at them...and then I saw how cute both of their faces are looking at each other....HOW SWEET!!!

(You really do have the best dressed girls. You win the award hands-down!)

Leigh said...

Those pictures are precious, Lindsey! And so are the dresses! I just love the expressions on their faces! How truly adorable!

CC said...

I didn't know your husband was a principle!!

I hate to say it, but there are so few dads in my community that are even around, that this event probably wouldn't work out :(