Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Michael!

Today is the hubby's birthday. The girls and I are so excited and made not 1, not 2, but 3 desserts for Daddy! I'd like to give some little known facts about my sweetie:

*We met at school. He taught elementary school and I interned at his school during my Senior year at Auburn.
*He helped design my engagement and wedding band.
*He once was a member of his high school's cross-stitching club. (It was a dare).
*He almost has his doctorate in educational administration. He just has his dissertation left. He followed in his father's footsteps.
*He wanted a girl both times I was pregnant.
*He truly is so very creative when it comes to gift giving. He totally surprises me every single time.
*We only dated 5 months before we got engaged and then 3 months later we got married.
*He was the quarterback for Auburn High School's football team.
*He loves playing games.
*He is completely devoted to his family.
*He can not multi-task and honestly admits this.
*He is a really good decorator. He gets this from his mother.
*When he gets home in the afternoon, the girls leech onto him. Seriously both of them get in his lap and they vie for his attention. It gives me a little break;)
*He is a good problem solver which is a good characteristic for his job.
*He loves to play Webkinz with Mary Margaret, likes seriously, it's an addiction.
*He is extremely handy around the house and can do most anything.
*He had only lived in one city, Auburn, until we got married.
*He would rather stay at home with the girls than go be social.
*He loves musicals. Yes, musicals. Oklahoma, Rent, Moulin Rouge, Chicago, and even, Annie.
*He has not ever gotten mad at me for splurging on clothes for the girls. And I do love to splurge. Remember my weakness for smocked clothing?
*He has helped me be better at everything (person, wife, mother, teacher).

I am so thankful that God blessed me with him.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

that is so sweet, lindsey! he seems like just your match. and i bet those girls are daddy's girls for sure. happy birthday, michael!

Kim said...

You are so sweet! Happy Birthday to your Hubby! Oh I have one question..what are Webkins?

LG said...

He is awesome! and you guys are too cute! love it! Good Husbands are such a blessing!

Lori said...

what a loving tribute to your hubby

CC said...

He sounds so wonderful!!! Happy belated bday to him!!!