Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Not So Healthy Recipe

So your arteries won't thank me for this one, but you will! This recipe is too good to pass up!

Fried Shrimp

(We modified the Paula Deen recipe)


1 1/2 pounds large Shrimp (peeled and de-veined)
1 egg
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of Frank's Hot Sauce (You know I like it spicy. More or less depending on you!)
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup yellow corn meal
2 tablespoons pepper
3 tablespoons salt
Vegetable oil

1. Mix egg, milk, and hot sauce together. Put to the side.
2. Whisk flour, cornmeal, pepper and salt together. Divide into two bowls.
3. Dry shrimp. This is an important step.
4. Your fryer should be set on 375 degrees.
5. Make assembly line of dry mixture, wet mixture, dry mixture.
6. Dredge shrimp into the dry mixture, then the wet mixture, and lastly the dry mixture.
7. Drop into fryer.
8. Fry for about 2-4 minutes. We like them crispy so went for the entire 4 minutes.

We are making these this week for the hubby's birthday and I can't wait. The last time we had them, we made Pina Coladas and pretended to be at the beach. Oh-so-fun!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Yikes, this sounds too good not to try. I might do this for Valentine's Day. My husband would want to know who the new wife was if I fried something.

Katie said...

OH! I have to try this...I love Franks and I looooooove shrimp.

Oh, and I LOVE fried.

Gotta be good.

Leigh said...

girrrrrllllll.......