Friday, February 6, 2009

Spoiled Much

So the lesson on humbleness is not going so well...



Yesterday while giving MM a bath, she started talking about the Daddy-Daughter Date Night.

She looked at me ever so seriously and said, "I wonder what my prize will be for winning the Limbo contest."


I had to bite my tongue not to laugh out loud.


I replied, "MM, darling, the contest is for big girls."


"Well, I am a big girl, Mommy."


I tried to explain. "MM, the contest is for big girls, like the ones at Daddy's school."


An obviously disappointed MM said, "Oh."


She was deep in thought for a moment and then came back with this, "Mommy, are you going to have me a prize instead?"


"No, sweet girl, the prize for you is getting to have a special date with your Daddy."


"Oh Mommy, every day with Daddy is special."


I had a Mommy moment. You know the ones, where you are so proud of your child. I was seriously about to give her the biggest hug even while she was covered in suds and all wet. Until....


"But what's my real surprise going to be?"


What am I going to do with her??







Below is the picture that was in the paper. The photographer told MM to act like she was waiting on her Daddy to dance with her. Oh the personality, it is strong in that one!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh goodness! Just when I think it can't possibly get any better! And, OH! that picture! She's good! ;o)

Jessica said...

Ahh! So funny! Her picture is a hoot!

LG said...

Oh i just love her! and have missed these stories! that is a fantastic pic