Friday, March 6, 2009

The Foyer

Welcome to our home!



The picture above is what we saw when we first walked in the front door. Notice the wall heater and parquet flooring. I immediately fell in love with the chandelier. You can see if you were to walk straight, you would run right into the den (or show room as Mary Margaret calls it because this is the room where she gets to watch shows).

Here is where the foyer flows into the living room.


Here is after we had chipped up all the parquet flooring. This is a "during" shot! Every room was the same shade of blue. All the ceilings were also this lovely shade of blue. Needless to say, we may never have a blue room after this restoration experience! I really wanted to paint our bedroom a blue/gray color but Michael adamantly refused after he had to paint all the blue walls and blue ceilings.




Finished product, well, almost finished product. We still need to put down shoe moulding, but it's coming, it's coming. I also want a circular rug for this room....eventually! All our walls are plaster which is why I have yet to hang anything anywhere. I know that wherever I hang something, it must stay there. Plaster walls can be a pain! Do you like this ornate mirror above the foyer credenza?? This credenza was Michael's Mom's. I want to paint it the Million Dollar Red color and distress it a bit, but Michael refuses. Have you noticed that he likes to be involved in every aspect of the decorating process!

8 comments:

tab said...

I LOVE the idea of painting it red! I could have at least one eye popping red accent in every room. I can relate to the hubby involvment. It is a bless and a curse at the same time:)

Katie said...

That looks so pretty! I've been dying to see more of your house! I love the color you chose for the walls, too. (And red on that piece would look really good! hehe)

Amber said...

The shade of yellow you choose (or Michael ;)) looks wonderful. I'm glad to see you removed the ballet bar from the before photo. I agree that the credenza would look fabulous in distressed red, especially against those yellow walls! My hubby is like yours...he really likes to be involved in our decorating decisions too!

Leigh Ann said...

Wow! That looks fantastic!

Holly said...

I think your house looks great! I think the credenza would look great red! :)

Kelly said...

I LOVE the foyer and I LOVE that piece of furniture! So pretty - I'm enjoying seeing all of your restorations! Ya'll do amazing work! I love old houses but I'll never live in one so I'm getting my fix through you!

LaskiGal said...

HOLY WOW! That is gorgeous!!!

Leigh of said...

Red would look great. ILOVE it, Lindsey!