Friday, March 27, 2009

My First Cruise Part I

We arrived in Port Canaveral on Friday around lunchtime. I was still a little apprehensive. I was not exactly sure that I would enjoy cruising. I had called to check on the girls no less than 10 times because I knew that I would not get to talk to them on Saturday and Sunday (no cell service on my phone and M's phone would be $7.99 / minute). We made it through U.S. Customs and boarded the ship. The weather was warm (70ish) but with a strong breeze. We found the 5th floor and made our way to our room. Below is a picture of our stateroom.


Here is the hubby showing off our room with a view. We had a window!


A picture from the deck of the ship. We were still docked in Port Canaveral. I felt a little like I was on the "Love Boat" and wanted to yell out, "Bon Voyage!"

The pool deck pictured below. The big circular room with all the windows was a great place to get away (very quiet and private). We found it on Saturday night. After I took a few pics, we went and had a smallish lunch (after all it was already 2:30 and I knew a big dinner was going to be served at 6).


After lunch, I couldn't wait to get in my suit and "nose" around the ship. I didn't have much time because we had a lifeboat drill for everyone on the ship at 4:30. As soon as the drill was over, we went back to our room so we could get ready for dinner! Here we are right after the drill!





3 comments:

Katie said...

Y'all look so cute!! You're making me want to go on a cruise now! I can't wait to see more pictures... ;o)

(I bet the girls were so excited when y'all got home!)

Leigh of said...

Lindsey- You look adorable! SO glad you got to go! I love cruising! I cant wait to hear more. The cruise out of Mobile to Mexico is very reasonable! I recommend. I think I was gone 4 or 5 days for only 200 bucks! THATS a deal. I couldnt go to the beach for that!

jennifer said...

The cruise looks fabulous! I've never been on one, but one day...

Here by way of Leigh's comments. I think we should definitely form our own Sweet Potato Queens :)