Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Vocabulary Lesson

This vocabulary lesson is brought to you today by Mary Margaret.



Here are some funny things that she says:



*Instead of Nerds candy, she calls them "Smurfs" as in "I don't want any Smurfs, Mommy."



*Forehead = forward head



*Michael and I are going on a cruise next month and she is calling it our "Field Trip."



*Macaroni Tomato Beef Baby Food = Bite (she still eats this nasty stuff, but she has got to get protein from somewhere). She sometimes wants a "Bite" and applesauce for a snack.



*Losed/lost = Loos-ted. We are working on teaching her that the appropriate term is lost.



*She calls the local theatre/auditorium the "house with the stage"! We formerly lived one street over and the theatre is located in a neighborhood. The theatre does look a little like a house in her defense.



*She still calls her sippy cup of warmed milk that she gets in the morning, her "bottle." I know, I know. Humor me, she is still my baby!



*Praise music = God songs. I am so thankful that she adores Praise music and does she ever love to sing it....



*Tattoos = stamps as in "That person did not wash off his/her stamp while in the bathtub." I don't even know what to say.



*The Disney Store = Disneyland. She would rather go to The Disney Store than Build-A-Bear. Every time.



*Hershey's kisses = Nene's chocolates because my Nene (MM's great-grandmother) ALWAYS has kisses at her house.







8 comments:

LG said...

Those are really cute! she will enjoy reading those when she is older!

Katie said...

Hahahahahahahaha!!

The tattoo one is entirely too funny!

Brandy said...

MM would think I never wash my fanny because I have two "stamps" on there. HA!

Don't you feel bad about the "bite" or "bottle." We do what we do to make it through each day. I still on occasion allow Amelia to have "nipple juice," which is juice in a baby bottle because it gets juice in her, which keeps her from getting constipated, and because it comforts her when nothing else can.

And, my niece is 8 almost 9 and she still eats "bite-bites" which is what she calls Gerber Graduates microwave meals. She LOVES them, gets her protein and gets a better meal than had she eaten say Chef-Boy-ardee.

Amelia calls the piano a "panty-o" and she has merged "after a little while" and sometime later" into "After later." I even use that one sometimes. HA!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

So cute. I love hearing what little ones call different things.

CC said...

Will you take me on your field trip if I send you my permission slip? ;)

Leigh Ann said...

I love that girl. She is SO cute!

Amber said...

This is really cute! Kids are so precious with the terms and ideas they come up with. :) All of your MM stories make me think she's really fun and I'd love to meet her in person (or have her in my class when I was an early childhood teacher!)

Leigh of said...

How I adore that little girl!
Does she realize she has fans in blogland? To cute!