Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Another introspective post...

Last Friday, Mary Margaret was on a little tear around here. She would not mind. I had finally had it with her, my patience running thin. I kindly explained (ok, so maybe not so kindly) that she was to do what I said when I said to do it.

There was to be no arguing.

There was to be no debating (she would make a fabulous attorney one day).

There was to be no complaining.

There was to be no whining.

I meant business. Remember my patience was gone out the window. I did explain to her that I still loved her no matter what but she must learn to follow my instructions in a timely fashion.

Over dinner that night, I was talking to the hubby. I said, "I guess that is how God wants us to do. He wants us to do what He says when He says to do it. He wants us to follow His instructions even if we don't necessarily want to do it. He doesn't want us to do it later. He doesn't want us to complain. He doesn't want us to whine. There is no debating His word. He even loves me if I take my time following Him."

Michael didn't hesitate to respond, "That sounds like a blog post."

Ah, he knows me all too well.

Though in all seriousness, I guess I should be practicing what I am preaching!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Great insight. I look forward to the insights God will teach me through my own children one day. ALL my friends that are mothers learn so much about God through being a mother. :)

Are you freaking out about the swine flu? I don't think there are any cases in your neck of the woods yet, but we are smack dab in between the Dallas and San Antonio ones. And I'm definitely more than a little concerned. Knowing that you are a bit of a germophobe, I wondered if you are getting nervous?

LG said...

That is a very god point lins!