Friday, April 24, 2009

The Drive

Prepare breakfast.
Get the girls ready clothes-wise.
Fix MM's crazy curly hair.
Brush teeth.
Play.
Prepare lunch.
Play.
Watch a little TV.
Dinner.
Baths.
Read a book or two.
Brush teeth.
Tuck in the kiddos.
Repeat in the morning.


This list seems kind of monotonous, doesn't it? I mean, there are so many days where I seem to go through the motions.

Ever driven somewhere and can't remember the drive? Oh yes, I have. And I don't want to forget this drive called my life. I want to enjoy fixing MM's hair, getting the girls ready, fixin' supper, bathtime, brushing teeth...well maybe not the brushing teeth part, but you get the idea. I don't just want to go through the motions. I want to live and not take anything for granted.

Little grins
hugs
digging in the dirt
playing pat-a-cake
reading picture books
splashing in the bubbles
silly faces

That list sounds much more fun.

I just want to keep my eyes open, take it all in, treasure every moment, and, most of all, be thankful.

7 comments:

Patty said...

Me too! I love reading your blog and hearing the wonderful stories about your beautiful little ones! I would love to be a SAHM to enjoy ALL the little moments with my little one, too!

Jill Bertella said...

Love this... So true! HAve a great weekend!

CC said...

I like the 2nd list much more. ;)

Holly said...

Sounds like a crazy day, haha! :)

Jen said...

Lindsey- thank you for your sweet comment!! I loved reading this post- I feel like that a lot!! Things that start feeling overwhelming suddenly become so enjoyable when I take the time to really notice the little people I'm working so hard for! :)

Marci said...

Lovely blog you have!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I love your post - it is all so true! I have been trying to cherish each day with Carter because I think for a while I was just going through the motions and worried too much about a schedule and the mess something would make.