Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Teacher

Last night as Harper Jane crawled up on the coffee table for the upteenth time, I began thinking. She had no doubt that when she walked to the end of the table that I was going to reach out my arms and catch her.

No doubt.

No fear.
No worry.


She knew I would be there and she would not fall. She was so faithful that she would almost jump into my arms.


Isn't that the way my relationship with the Lord should be? When I get to the end of my proverbial table, shouldn't I just faithfully know that God will be there to catch me? Shouldn't I realize that worry and doubt do not belong in this equation?


I, so many times, try to carry the burden alone, not turning my worries over to Him. If only to follow Harper Jane's lead and just know that He will be there for me loyally, faithfully and allow myself to lean into Him.


I knew when I had children that I would be teaching them, but...Wow! What I can learn from my sweet kiddos! God is good!

7 comments:

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I love this post...it is always such a wonderful thing to think about. God is always there for us and we are never alone. Why is it at times that is so hard to remember?

LG said...

such a sweet blog! and a GREAT point!

Leigh of Bloggeritaville said...

VERY WELL SAID! Love this Lindsey. I think the best way we can witness is in how we live. Perfect example.

tab said...

Love it! God is pretty amazing and man, what He teaches us through our babes is pretty amazing too! And fyi- Harper Jane and Delaney are two peas from the same pod:) It makes life fun... and exhausting:) I imagine God feels the same way about me!

Leigh of Bloggeritaville said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSEY!
HUGS!

Leigh Ann said...

Girl, I know exactly what you mean. I learn from my kids EVERY day! Love that sweet pic of HJ with her baby. SO precious!

just jamie said...

Oh, what a special way of remembering His love.