Monday, April 20, 2009

You're growing old, you've got gray hair....

Do you remember this empty dining room??





Well it is no longer empty thanks to my sweet, thoughtful husband. Saturday was my birthday and it was apparent that Michael was going to go all out and make me feel oh-so-special. First, we went and picked up my new (really old antique) dining room table, featured below! It is a mahogany, double pedestal table. I have had my eye on this one since December. I have not found chairs (as of yet) that I want. Antique shopping takes time, people! It is not something you can rush.







And then, my sweet, thoughtful husband made me a homemade birthday cake. My favorite---chocolate with cream cheese icing. It is delicious! Doesn't he look proud of himself??


Next we went shopping at my favorite place---Target! My mother-in-law sent me a gift card there and I was anxious to spend it. We had Mexican for supper. Ah, chips and queso. What else could a girl ask for? I guess turning 31 wasn't too bad!

11 comments:

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Happy Birthday to you! How sweet of your husband to make your day so special!

Laura said...

31!?!? You are such a baby!! Love the table, btw! Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a good one!

hayley said...

happy bday! the cake is gorgeous and the table looks delicious... wait.. haha :)

LG said...

Now that is an awesome birthday! I love the table and that cake is HILARIOUS!

Kim said...

Happy Bithday! Friday was my hubbys!

Sunny said...

LOVE IT! Glad you got to make a birthday trip to Target. Perfect day!

Laski said...

Happy B-DAY!!!

Seriously, I'd get such a kick out of going to Target! Really, I would.

OMG, that means you are an Aries. Not that I'm all into that (I just think the whole stubborn thing fits), but it is something we share along with DIAMONDS.

Table--awesome! Right now, we have a little plastic picnic table in the kitchen. It is a wee bit small for us :)

Stacey Wilson said...

Looks great! I love the wall color and the table . . . antiques are my fav!!

just jamie said...

LOVE it. What a sweet hubby you have! (Happy Birthday BTW.)

Amber said...

Yay for your new dining room table!!! Sounds like you had a great day! Mexican and a homemade birthday cake baked by a sweet hubby? How perfect! Our birthdays must be close together...mine was the 13th.

Is it just me or has HJ been growing like a weed? She is looking like such a big girl in your most recent photos!!!

Kristen said...

what sweet of a hubsand you have!! :) i LOVE the table and that cake...i mean i wouldn't be able to eat it..it is too pretty! :)