1. We woke up to "something" in our house at 5am. It was so very loud.
2. It was a baby bird (old enough to fly).
3. The bird's mother has built her nest in our chimney.
4. The baby bird was stuck under my living room curtains while trying to get out the window.
5. It was injured.
6. Michael and I were ready to call someone, but who exactly do you call at 5 am?
7. He got a broom. The rest is history.
8. Use your imagination. Please don't make me relive it.
9. This morning started out with a bang. Literally.
10. I've been trying to run off the mother bird for weeks.
11. Can you say fires in April? Oh yes, I did. Several times.
12. 5 hours of sleep is not enough for me.
13. I almost took pictures of the entire debacle. Michael forbid me.
14. He claimed that we did not need evidence of this spectacle.
15. He's really right, but please don't tell him that.
16. I'm glad the girls did not wake up.
17. Mary Margaret the animal activist would have been scarred for life.
18. I think I might need a sedative.
19. I'm afraid the mother bird is out for revenge.
20. Here is Michael, the bird fighter. How very primal of him!