Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday Twenty

1. We woke up to "something" in our house at 5am. It was so very loud.

2. It was a baby bird (old enough to fly).

3. The bird's mother has built her nest in our chimney.

4. The baby bird was stuck under my living room curtains while trying to get out the window.

5. It was injured.

6. Michael and I were ready to call someone, but who exactly do you call at 5 am?

7. He got a broom. The rest is history.

8. Use your imagination. Please don't make me relive it.

9. This morning started out with a bang. Literally.

10. I've been trying to run off the mother bird for weeks.

11. Can you say fires in April? Oh yes, I did. Several times.

12. 5 hours of sleep is not enough for me.

13. I almost took pictures of the entire debacle. Michael forbid me.

14. He claimed that we did not need evidence of this spectacle.

15. He's really right, but please don't tell him that.

16. I'm glad the girls did not wake up.

17. Mary Margaret the animal activist would have been scarred for life.

18. I think I might need a sedative.

19. I'm afraid the mother bird is out for revenge.

20. Here is Michael, the bird fighter. How very primal of him!

5 comments:

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

We had a bird fly through the front door one evening as my mom was leaving our house. Thankfully, we were able to shoo him out with a broom because my manly man wasn't home to protect us!

Sorry your morning was off to a rough start!

tab said...

Aye! That sure sounds like a rough start to the day!

Leigh of Bloggeritaville said...

sniff, siff...ok, I need a seditive too. so sad.

Amber said...

Oh sad! I think I would have been scarred! I would have had to leave the room. I'm such a wimp. And I thought our morning started off rough because someone rang our doorbell at 7:30 and woke us up early after a late night, but they had the wrong house!

Mary Smith said...

I don't know if it's because it's almost 10 pm and I am so very tired, but I couldn't help but giggle at this. My Mamie is like MM and would have screamed bloody murder to see her daddy doing "such a thing". At least it was a bird waking you up and not your pastor! My dad left a message on the phone tree at church last week that was supposed to call church members on Saturday afternoon - NOT! It started calling at 4:30 AM Thursday morning! He raced to the church and literally unplugged the phone device.