Friday, September 11, 2009

Fashion Faux Pas

What is that, you say? Two posts in one week from me?? Well, I aim to please.

This morning was picture day at Mary Margaret's school. MM normally does not care what she wears---no opinion. That is, until this morning. I had this precious little smocked number all ready for her and she says "I don't think I want to wear that this morning. Our teacher says we need to wear something cute. That's not so cute."

Ok, so plans B, C, and D were also "not cute". We were standing at her closet and I'm began to worry about the time constraints we were about to face because of this clothing debacle. I uttered the dreaded words, "What do you think is "cute"?

She points to this adorable little seersucker outfit. I'm all, "MM, baby, you can't wear seersucker after Labor Day?"

She looks at me with those big eyes and said, "Mother, what is a seerpucker?"

Needless to say, I couldn't argue with "seerpucker" and she got her wish. I guess her very first school fall pictures will break the old-school rules of fashion. At least, she thinks she looks cute and that, my friends, is what matters!

P.S. On a much more serious note....I know today is 9/11 and I certainly am praying for those who lost loved ones that horrible day. I will never forget where I was. It was my very first year to teach. I had just dropped off my 4th graders at Art and that is when I heard the news. The rest of the day was spent "going through the motions". It was truly heartbreaking! Where were you?

5 comments:

LG said...

That is really cute lins! I wanna meet MM!

Julie said...

Cute story!! Has she worn white too? :-)

Amber said...

I was also at school, but I was walking down to pick up my students from their special when I passed a teacher who had the news on...the first plane had just crashed into the WTC. With 2nd graders, or really any of our students, we didn't want to say anything at school because we wanted their parents to be able to share the news with them at home. It was definitely a day of checking on the news whenever there was a spare moment away from the students and trying not to cry. A teacher in the building lost a sibling that day, so it was an emotional time for teachers in our school.

The Neffs said...

Cute post! Your blog is adorable!

Blessings, Ginger

prashant said...

Cute post! Your blog is adorable!
Work From Home