Sunday, September 13, 2009

This is the day the Lord....

I know, I know. I need to be rejoicing about the wonderful day the Lord has made, BUT....

Here's a rundown of my day (the long version, so get ready). MM had a soccer game at 9AM. I must be the only assistant coach in the history of soccer that knows absolutely nothing about the game. Well, maybe one thing: kick the white and black ball into your goal. Seriously. I am great at moral support and cheering the girls though and that counts for something, right? Our team practices from 9-9:30 and then we play the next 30 minutes. Ok, game over.

Then we rush home. Michael has to work in the soccer concession stand. We (MM, HJ, and I) have a birthday party 35 minutes away. I change MM's clothes including hair bow, change HJ's diaper and prepare her a sippy, and lastly change my grungy, sweaty soccer clothes (yes, I said sweaty. Please don't forget about the humidity here in my great state).

Run to the birthday party. It's outside at a playground....so you guessed it. I'm spending my time chasing HJ. We did all have a fabulous time visiting with precious friends. Spend 2 hours there. Rush home. HJ is majorly fussy. Her scheduled nap begins at 11:15 and we are way off base....by more than 2 hours. Yikes! She cries the majority of the way home. I turn up the Praise Baby music and for the most part tune it out.

Run inside. Put her back in her PJs which consists of a onesie. Why you ask? Because if she has the opportunity to remove her diaper, she will. Put her to bed.

Next I began our food for our College Football Festivity Saturday. Yes, we like to watch football and snack....lots and lots of snacking. Checked the pantry only to find zero tortilla chips. Not nary a morsel. I asked MM if she wanted to go to Wal-Mart and received a loud and proud, "Yes, ma'am." I figured she thought there was something in it for her and she was right. I promised her M&M's....much cheaper than a toy and works just the same.

Wal-mart on a Saturday afternoon? What was I thinking? I won't bore you with those details. I think you must get my drift.

Home again, home again. Completed the snacks. Gave the girls a bath. Oh? What's that? Where's my husband during all this? Why watching college football, of course!!!!

Prepared supper for the girls. They are both picky.

I then remembered that today was supposed to be my long run. Yes, friends, I am training for a half-marathon. It is in November and yes I am absolutely crazy!!! At least, I admit it. I hurried, changed clothes, gathered up my iPod, headphones, and my handy dandy Garmin watch (it's oh-so-wonderful, but that's an entirely other post). I have not been able to pass my regular 6 mile "long" run. I've been stuck at 6 miles for oh, at least 2 months. Stuck. Couldn't pass it. Finally last Sunday, I made it 6.4 miles. Seriously. It's been slow go, but I have been determined.

Off I go. I ran my normal route and then I got a little antsy. I went off on my merry way and later looked down to find that I was already at 7 miles. Well, I'll just run a little bit more, I tell myself. Hey, I felt good. Let's just keep going.....and going.....and going. I'm so excited to say that I did make it 11 miles running the ENTIRE TIME. Let me say that again, running the entire time. I made it home barely able to walk in the front door. My dear husband was finally putting the children to bed. I sat down (really because I didn't think my legs would hold me for another second). Nothing sounded better to me after this long, long day than to shower and go lie face down in my sweet, sweet bed....if only I could summon the energy. Ten short minutes later (I promise it was only 10), MM ran to the living room because apparently there was a catastrophe of epic proportions.

And really there was.

HJ had decided to crawl in my bed and enjoy a beverage. And by beverage, I mean an ENTIRE bottle of water most of which missed her mouth and was seeping through my precious, comfy comforter, to the soft sateen sheets, and, as luck would have it, down to the mattress cover.

Oh my sweet Harper Jane!!! Not tonight, sweet girl. Of all nights....

So I write to you now, as I am impatiently waiting for my sheets, blanket, comforter, and mattress cover to dry. Yes, my friends, that's four loads of clothes that had to be done.

I'm seriously contemplating sleeping on the couch!

6 comments:

LG said...

Now THAT is one heck of a day !I can not believe all this running you are doing! That is awesome. I wanna hear about that watch! Erik runs alot...

hayley said...

I'm tired after just reading that!! Good luck on the half-marathon training :)

Adrian said...

Congratulations on the 11 miles!! That's an accomplishment!

CC said...

I hope you did sleep on that couch. That sounds exhausting! I'm so proud of myself. I can do a 12 minute run/walk. Seriously that's the best I can do. I thought that I'd increase the amount of running and decrease the walking each day. But so far, I'm still exhausted after each of my super mini-runs. Aaargh. No progress at all. I'm very envious even of your 6 miles!

Anonymous said...

wow proud of the 11 miles. i've been running. it's always been my therapy. i'm staying at home with westin now...so i guess i need more therapy:) just kidding. karisa

prashant said...

just reading that!! Good luck on the half-marathon training :)
Work From Home