Monday, February 28, 2011

Mary Margaret's latest adventure

Mary Margaret and I had a great big adventure this weekend. She was asked to come speak at University Baptist Church in Waco, Texas (the church started by the David Crowder Band). She took her very first plane ride and LOVED it. We stayed up late watching Kit Kittridge and ordered room service. We made it a fun Mommy-Daughter date. Then Sunday morning, she took the stage and told the story of Jonah. I am always amazed as I watch her. She never gets nervous or has stage fright. The church then had a picnic and she was able to play with new friends on the playground. We had some issues with flight delays and didn't know if we were going to make it back Sunday night, but ended up that all was well. We just got home a little later than first planned. It was a great weekend and fun experience. Mary Margaret said it best, "Mom, it's an honor!"

Below is a link to an interview done by a local Waco news station:

Pint-sized "preacher" takes over Waco church stage - CentralTexasNow.com - KCEN- HD

7 comments:

Practically Precious said...

I didn't realize this was your daughter in the cutest video ever. I saw it on facebook a while back and shared it several times. My women's ministry is doing the Jonah study by Priscilla Shirer in the fall and just last night I mentioned to the ministry team that this video would be a good way to publicize the study. I feel like a know a celebrity! Would you mind us using the video in our promotion of the study? Maybe we could even get Mary Margaret to record a special promo for us! I know your profile says you are in Alabama and I think I recall reading that you lived in Northeast Alabama. I lived in Birmingham and Tuscaloosa to 10 years, but am now back in Athens, GA. My in-laws live in Gadsden. Are you anywhere near there? I know all of this may sound weird, but it's so neat that I was just talking about MM (without knowing it) last night and now I see today's post! If you would like to contact me, my email is wfjones@uga.edu and by the way, my name is Wendy Jones. Thanks for your time and thanks for allowing MM to bless others!

Susannah said...

Oh my Lord Lindsey, you have a pint sized evangelist! This is hilarious! What does she think about all this?? She is gonna be the next Billy Graham!

Carolyn Lackey said...

I was in Waco last weekend! I wish I could have been at UBC to hear Mary Margaret! What a treat that would have been!

The Masters said...

so adorable! She is a hit! I love her answer "My family knows it and I intend to keep it that way!" That's great!

Angie Wright said...

I keep telling you to get that little one an agent! She is amazing! What a gift from God!

becca blaire said...

We loved having Mary Margaret at UBC for the day. We can't stop talking about what an amazing job she did. I enjoyed meeting and talking with you after the service. You and your daughter are such genuine people. Thanks again for coming to Waco.

Laura Gray said...

Would you consider letting Mary Margaret be a professional actress? Children's casting directors are searching for small children who can memorise lines, speak them expressively, and aren't afraid to perform.